Just Dance 3 for wii

Options
So I tried Just Dance 3 last night for the first time on the wii. I have never sweat so much in my life! The gym doesn't even work me out that hard and I had a blast. I was sore and tired after 4 songs. How can I tell how many calories I really burned?! I logged it under dancing, but don't know if it sounds right.:smile:

Replies

• ironmanwannabe
    ironmanwannabe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    best way is to get a HR! good luck.
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    Options
    I LOVE just dance 3! Its one of my faces. And I have an HRM to count my calorie burn
  • jennsgoals
    Options
    30 minutes is roughly 145 calories...if you do back to back songs including hands and feet movements for sweatbeads of over 3. (Sweatbeads will show on your just dance 3 game to let you know how intense the song is)
  • appletini864
    Options
    I rented it today and have been dancing my butt off. I am going to have to buy that game pronto lol :love:
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The Just Dance series is fantastic. I had heard that 10 sweat points (in Just Sweat mode) is equivalent to one burned calorie. I tested this against my HRM, and it proved to be accurate. You can't just do time for an accurate read due to the huge disparities in the different songs (I.e. one sweat bead vs. three, etc.).
  • amillerbutta
    Options
    I have played all three and they really do make it work but I would say buying a Heart rate Monitor to track how many calories you will burn
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a Wii!!!!!!!
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    30 minutes is roughly 145 calories...if you do back to back songs including hands and feet movements for sweatbeads of over 3. (Sweatbeads will show on your just dance 3 game to let you know how intense the song is)

That's way low compared to what my HRM says I burn. Usually I burn around 10 calories per minute with moderately intense exercise. When I'm just dancing to my own music, I can burn about 1000 in 90 minutes. I wore the HRM while playing Just Dance 3 and played til I earned 3000 sweat points. There were some breaks in there, which is when I paused my HRM. My heart rate was usually above 150, with a max of at least 178.

I ended up burning well over 400 cal, closer to 500 I think, because some songs are really intense for me and I try my best to mimic the dancers. My HRM kept going to zero which was pissing me off, (it's been doing that a lot lately) Even with my HRM malfunctioning, I still burned a lot. My reading for that day actually says I burned 436 in 47 minutes, which I know is too low because I always burn a lot when I'm dancing. But like I said, my HRM was being weird, in actuality I burned at least 470, but I'm sure it was over that based on my usual heart rate/time/burn ratio.

I'm also 5'9" and 158 lbs.