What a wake-up call!

Options
So my husband and I totally fell off the horse this weekend...we ate TERRIBLE...but I was completely honest with myself and put everything that went in my mouth in my food journal...I ate DOUBLE my calories on Fri AND Sat! Gross!

But the weird thing was...foods that used to taste so good and make me feel so good afterwards made me do the exact opposite now...the food really didn't taste that great...and I felt so gross after I was done eating...I didn't have the energy like I've had since I've been eating healthier...

Of course I had my own little pity party/break down in the shower yesterday morning...but we talked about and just decided it was one slump...a reminder on why we need to keep our hard work and determination...it truly is a lifestyle change...

Have any of you found that foods that you used to love really SUCK now?

(P.S. Even though we ate bad I didn't gain any...but I didn't lose either...so hopefully we will be back to a good routine today!)

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    So my husband and I totally fell off the horse this weekend...we ate TERRIBLE...but I was completely honest with myself and put everything that went in my mouth in my food journal...I ate DOUBLE my calories on Fri AND Sat! Gross!

But the weird thing was...foods that used to taste so good and make me feel so good afterwards made me do the exact opposite now...the food really didn't taste that great...and I felt so gross after I was done eating...I didn't have the energy like I've had since I've been eating healthier...

Of course I had my own little pity party/break down in the shower yesterday morning...but we talked about and just decided it was one slump...a reminder on why we need to keep our hard work and determination...it truly is a lifestyle change...

Have any of you found that foods that you used to love really SUCK now?

(P.S. Even though we ate bad I didn't gain any...but I didn't lose either...so hopefully we will be back to a good routine today!)

nice motivation to get back on the wagon.

cookies do it for me. they still taste good, but not good enough to make myself sick over eating the whole package. which i did the other day, and i still feel sick from it. were they that good? not as good as my chicken and cucumber salad last night.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    happened to me last night with ice cream.
  • Corruption
    Options
    Know how you feel. I was on leave last week and pretty much destroyed my dieting habits. With the new fitness program coming out in Jan though I really need to watch doing that. Especially with the holidays coming up. Is your hubs in the AF too?
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I had greasy take out pizza on the weekend. I felt sick afterwards.
    I still like pizza, but I prefer the fresh, stone oven baked, veggie packed pizza at our favourite sit down restaurant. No more delivery for me!

Also, I can't even bring myself to eat a fast food burger anymore. After my 1/2 marathon last month we stopped at a truck stop that had a Wendy's, Mr. Sub and Tim Horton's. I had every intention of getting Wendy's (sinc I figured I earned it) but really nothing appealed to me. I ended up with a large turkey sub.:laugh:
  • danielley08
    Options
    Yep...we are both Active Duty...and that new PT test is definitely my driving force...where before I could compensate with my run/pu/su now we have those stupid minimums to meet so I have no choice but to try and get this baby weight off ASAP...hubs has no problem with fitness test...his is more trying to tone up and get into the Excellent cat...I'm just trying to get to a 75 first and THEN work on really getting better...as long as I can pass and not get a referral I'm good...lol...
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    cookies do it for me. they still taste good, but not good enough to make myself sick over eating the whole package. which i did the other day, and i still feel sick from it. were they that good? not as good as my chicken and cucumber salad last night.

I think that taste does change with better foods, flavors and textures once you start to experiment with them

1) I was at work and someone brought in a giant bag of skittles. I ate three of them. It was so sugary and sweet that I was like "YUCK".

2) Someone bought their kids treat-or-treat candy from them and brought it into work. I ate one reese's peanut butter cup. I was happy with only one. It was the right amount.

I think you fall off, discover why it didn't work for you and then make better choices
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I feel that way about fast food. It's never as good as I want and it's so not worth the calories. I posted something like this recently about Arby's...I used to love Arby's!! :noway:
  • Rachelicious
    Options
    Fast food for sure. Especially Mcdonalds.
    I wasn't a big fast food eater to begin with.. but I did eat it every now and then.
    But now if I eat Mcdonalds it makes me feel gross.. physically and mentally.
    Totally not worth the calories.