Always feel like I'm eating too much

Options
I am new to this site, and I was wondering does anyone else feel like they are allowed to have too much fat or carbs? My number seems like such a high number and I feel like I eat that amount I am going to gain weight.

Replies

• greenkarla
    greenkarla Posts: 15
    Options
    I felt exactly the same way. I've been doing this for two weeks, and I felt like an idiot eating so much. Im use to eating less than 1000 calories per day!!! Other people talk about eating more than 6000 and 7000 calories, and I don't know how to relate!

Last week I lost 1lb, only to regain it this week. I honestly didn't even think this whole "eating to lose weight" thing worked.

But then tonight I read something (in the intro blog section)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

I have a whole new attitude starting tomorrow morning.

Hope it helps.
  • cdip11287
    cdip11287 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you! That really helped me a lot, and actually got me motivated! Thank you again.
  • pinkcycleist
    Options
    hey Iknow it may seem like alot but I have incresed my food too before and los,t it might take some time to get used to cuz both your brain and body think starvation is the way to go hang in there.
  • hwibowo
    hwibowo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it depends on what you put during the first setup. It asked your daily activities. If you chose high activity like me, the app would put carbs, protein and fat on pretty high numbers since those components are energy source. I'm not 100% sure since I just started using this app today. Good luck!
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My recommendation is to switch your tracking to saturated fats. It gives you a lower number for those than overall fats, and the saturated fats are the ones you should really be watching out for and limiting. For carbs, avoid white flour and switch to whole grains. Not all fats are bad and not all carbs are bad. The right kind of fats (poly and mono) and the right kind of carbs (complex) will do your body good and help you to get healthy from the inside out. Hope this helps.
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Ok, I will share my theory with you. I was eating 1200 a day and worried about keeping my carbs and everything in line. I lost 2 lbs in two weeks. I gained it back. I met with my trainer and she told me to go up to 1500 per day in order to lose. And I know I kept reading it on here. So, I listened to her. I eat 1590 or as close to it as possible on days I don't exercise. If I do exercise I eat around 1900, near 2000 if I work out really hard. I have been doing that for two weeks. I ignore the carbs. On days I don't exercise, I try to keep it around 50 per day. On work out days, I might go up to 80 or 100 carbs per day. In the past week, I have lost those two pounds, plus 6 more. Eating more works. I don't agree when it says I should be at 250 carbs for a hard workout. I just keep doing what I do. Just because you eat more, doesn't mean you have to eat more of all nutrients in my book. Im just speaking from my experience. But I know a friend who lifts heavy and she eats all of the carbs allowed. She's not shedding pounds, but she is toning a lot!! Hope this helps.
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Calories Per:

Carb 4 per gram Protein 4 per gram Fat 9 per gram

ADA serving size: Carbs 15 g Protein 7 g Fat 5 g

Most doctors and experts I've read or talked to recommend either a 40%/30%/30% or 50%/30%/20% ratio of carb/protein/fat. So you can break down your calorie allowance and use the above numbers to calculate how many carbs, proteins and fats that works out to. If you don't like your goals, you can go into "Goals" on your home tab and click on "Change Goals" and "Custom" and reset your calorie goal, percentage ratios and so on.

Hope that helps!