why do YOU exercise??

Options
I exercise to feel powerful, strong, and empowered. I love feeling closer to my goals. Also, I feel super sexy after! (minus all the sweating!) Why do YOU exercise?

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I exercise because I LOVE food. I love to cook it and eat it. If I didn't exercise, I'd be as big as a house.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Because it makes me feel so good! I feel amazing afterwords. Sweat and all. The sweatier the better.
  • mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    To regain some of my youthful energy. Also I like the sense of accomplishment when you are able to lift harder than you were just the week before.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It helps me relieve all my stress! I have a bad day at work, and BAM! GYM! Running is especially good for this! I also love feeling my body become stronger. Even my inner thighs are getting some tone!
  • Uglyduckling2swan
    Options
    I tend to eat when I don't exercise. I eat because probably I lack the feel good feeling that came from exercise.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise...

I SEXercise!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    biggerbetterfastermore!
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love that energized feeling after I exercise. and
    I like to eat but need to loose. and
    It's my "me" time to listen to podcasts/books, think, daydream and nobody asks me to do anything.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    So I can enjoy more food...guilt free. And because its good for me. I am trying to be my own best friend instead of worst enemy.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Sex. I want to be able to make sex
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise...

I SEXercise!

i was going to answer this question for real, but i saw yours and now i'm just going to say this too.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    because it's fun!
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    started because i was asked to be a bridesmaid for a wedding, but it was really just the boost i needed to get started with a lifestyle change! i have family members with extremely unhealthy lifestyles, and i want to establish this habit now so i'll keep it up when i'm 50 years old.
  • hwibowo
    hwibowo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Because I race in triathlon races. I got no choice but to train. :)

Most importantly, I like living healthy lifestyle.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    To be honest - at first, it was to get away from my life... now, it's because I wanna get away from my life!!! Oh, AND I am liking the results... I feel sexy, and I look WAAAAAAY better! So, I guess... in a word: It's all about ME!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel like all kinds of awesome.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I started because my company was doing a fitness challenge, and I sure wasn't going to be the fat lazy girl not participating. I started to lose weight from it, so once I got on MFP and started counting calories, exercise became about wanting to EAT more! Now I'd say it's a routine, a stress relief, and has changed into more active things for fun (like competing in a 5K or kayaking)... who knows where this takes me?!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I want to get stronger, healthier, lower my cholesterol and blood pressure, and enjoy life! I also like to eat, and burning calories allows me to do more of that. I don't want to ever have to purchase big clothes again. I also like the sense of accomplishment when I do something I was afraid I was too old or scared or out-of-shape to do. Many calorie-burning activities are really fun! I especially like to have fun. :drinker:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Honestly I primarily exercise so I can eat back my exercise cals :-)

But added benefits of feeling like I accomplished someting, destressed and the endorphin rush are incentive for me as well.
  • CrazyTigerLilly73
    Options
    I exercise because throughout the day I feel more focused and energized. When I don't exercise for awhile I get a little sad inside. I read that 20 to 30 minutes of walking a day can keep the blues away. I have to admit I get a little blue when I don't exercise for a week or two. If a month goes by I act like a nut ready to get angry and frustrated about something tiny and insignificant. I have to exercise for my sanity.