Is it healthy to eat mixed steamed veggies everyday?

Options
By mixed steamed veggies I mean broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. Those are the only vegetables I really like and I could honestly eat them alone if I wanted to lol. But what I usually have is that I have a cup of those mixed veggies with some meat and maybe some rice, and that usually does it for dinner and sometimes lunch. I'm just wondering if this is a healthy option for weight loss? And also, what are some other veggies I should be eating?

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    You're fine.
    EAT YOUR VEGGIES! It's great you enjoy them.
    I have to force feed myself anything green.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Eating veggies at all is healthy. As for other veggies you /should/ be eating, try any and all kinds. You don't have to eat them all, eating the ones you like should be sufficient.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Well the veggies would be good just watch it if you use butter/salt on them. I eat a similar meal like this all the time ^_~ And watch your rice, I DK what other things you're taking in but rice has lurking carbs in them lol
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    You should be eating the veggies you like so if that's it, that's fine. You might like others if you try some new cooking methods. Google up some 'roasted veggies' recipes. It's hard not to like roasted veggies.

And get creative. Try a smoothie with spinach or zucchini blended up in it. You can't taste it.

The more types you can get in the better for you, but if you're happy with those three, they're not a bad combo. I think you'll get sick of them for two meals a day but maybe change it up-- a little sprinkle-on popcorn cheese seasoning one day, some dry ranch mix the next, some Franks hot sauce, some parmesan or soy sauce...
  • hrtotten
    hrtotten Posts: 26
    Options
    Eat veggies! Steamed, Raw, roasted - you name it! :)
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Definately healthy! Steaming veges is one of the best ways to preserve their nutrient content. I would recommend that you eat a range of veges though. I find carrots and celery sticks make great snacks and are a good way to increase your vege intake
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Nom. Eat all the veggies.

Good job!!
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    NO! What are you thinking?

You will need to start incorporating cheeseburgers soon for optimal benefits.

LOL, jk - your diet sounds really healthy and good. :flowerforyou: