why do YOU exercise??

Options
2»

Replies

• kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I started exercising to help me get stronger and lose weight; now I do it because I want to... Still look forward to losing weight with a bit of cardio and the strength is a great side effect. I actually enjoy doing it now.. Sometimes when I start, I don't want to do it; but once i get into it... I enjoy how it makes me feel...
  • plank_page
    plank_page Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    when I RUN It's like an actual high, when i lift I feel like a dragon slayer!
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Because:

1. I am tired of being squishy
    2. I want to be able to do ANYTHING I set my mind to. Warrior Dash? Sign me up. Goruck Challenge? I'm in. ANYTHING goes.
    3. I like the endorphin rush
    4. I am kind of getting addicted to the burn/pain/lactic acid feeling.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    All the usual, health, kids, looking good nekkid,

but also I want to be able to play some rugby again.
    It is the only time I get to hit people where no one gets all whiny about it.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I like eating like a half-starved hippo, and it turns out I can't do that without gaining a hippo's worth of weight unless I get up and vigorously move my butt on a regular basis. Go figure.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    when I RUN It's like an actual high, when i lift I feel like a dragon slayer!

Amen to this!
  • stinamarie17
    stinamarie17 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Because:

1. I am tired of being squishy

yep... i am also tired of being squishy lol... annnnd i exercise for the same reason that i started counting calories and getting serious about weight loss... i am in nursing school and not only has it inspired me to become healthier for my own sake, but i mean as a nurse, i want to be able to practice what i preach to clients.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Because it is awesome for your lungs and if you plan to give one of those lungs to your child one day, you want it to be the most awesomest lung you can create. (Yep, this is the same reason that I yell at smokers to get away from me NOW!) :flowerforyou:
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    C H O C O L A T E

... nuff said!:laugh:
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Because I want to eat but I never want to weigh 209 again.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I like the feeling I get from a long walk at a decent pace, especially a coastal walk. Something about sea air I think.

I also do some push-ups occasionally because I can't be bothered to do anything else and I guess it's a good thing for resistance training ... or something ... anyway, when I feel like it I get down there and do a few so I can pretend I am the kind of guy that just does these things because he can.

It impresses the dog in any case.

Aside from a day on a cricket pitch every fortnight which brings more social benefits than cardio that's my exercise 'routine'.

I could do more but I reckon fitness is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise.
  • tyetria
    tyetria Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say all those great things...It makes me feel powerful, gets rid of stress, its fun, but truth is I hate it! I don't like exercise right now. I dread getting up in the mornings to do it, I dread putting on my sports bra and shoes after all day working, I'm just not there yet......I ONLY EXERCISE BECAUSE I NEED THE RESULTS. LOSING WEIGHT!! I NEED TO BE HEALTHIER B/C MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. But I do feel better after it's done :ohwell:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I can't deadlift a VW bug yet. So I keep training.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    At first it was to lose weight.

Now....

To look good naked.

I live in a hot climate. We wear as little clothes as possible.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    When I first started. To lose weight and buy smaller clothes.

Now.. It's so I look good naked and keep getting smaller!
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I exercise because I LOVE food. I love to cook it and eat it. If I didn't exercise, I'd be as big as a house.

/\ this!