Been away from it for awhile

Options
Hi,
Don't know why, but lately I've lost all motivation. I don't think I'm up in pounds, but I'm finding it hard to stick to it. Does anyone else feel this way from time to time? and can I snap out of it? I really do want to lose the weight, but sometimes I just feel like giving up.

Does anyone have any good advise for me? I know that I'm finding it hard to get my 8 glasses of water in - it's getting cold out and I find it hard to drink cold water when Im cold.
Thanks
Alice

Replies

• alice
    alice Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Don't know why, but lately I've lost all motivation. I don't think I'm up in pounds, but I'm finding it hard to stick to it. Does anyone else feel this way from time to time? and can I snap out of it? I really do want to lose the weight, but sometimes I just feel like giving up.

Does anyone have any good advise for me? I know that I'm finding it hard to get my 8 glasses of water in - it's getting cold out and I find it hard to drink cold water when Im cold.
    Thanks
    Alice
  • skherson28
    skherson28 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Alice,

I feel the same way. I just looked, and I haven't recorded anything for over a week. I feel like I just want to give up. A complete loss of motivation. I'm not even sure I want to get started with it again, because I wonder if it is worth it.

I'm waiting for the advice that someone gives you Alice, because maybe it will help remotivate me too. :sad:

Thanks
    Stacy
  • zaracooper
    Options
    I know this sounds silly but ive got a picture of me in my underwear??? :blushing: and this helps me? i see it every day on my dressing table. and every time i lose 14 pound i take another??
    i know this sounds so sad but it works for me ??
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    zaracooper…..NOT silly at all!! It is a SUPER SUPER SUPER IDEA!!!! Keep it up. What ever works for you DO IT!!

Alice and Stacy……I have said this before….we didn’t gain the weight over night and we can’t lose it over night. There is no magic bullet. It takes time….be patient and keep on keeping on. Time is going to pass…..it always does…we can‘t stop it…..make use of that time. Before you know it you will be at your goal weight and YOU WILL FEEL AND LOOK GREAT.
    Take a long hard look at yourself. What do you want the most? We know you want to lose the weight other wise you would not be here. You both are just down right now. We are human we have bad days and even bad weeks. It happens.

Alice if you can’t drink cold water drink it at room temperature. Just get it in your body. Research has shown that if we don’t get enough water it will cause us to be depressed. Just get that water in some how. You can also try having a cup of hot tea after your water to help warm you back up. There are also low cal sugar free hot coco mixes that you could drink after your water. Just make sure you count those calories.

zaracooper takes pictures of herself and keeps them where she can see them. I keep pictures of myself before I lost 171 pounds. (I had NO surgery to lose the weight) I look at those pictures all the time they are right here at my desk. They are a reminder of where I have come from and where I never want to be again. I wish there was a place here to post before pictures so you could see them too.

I know one woman who cuts out pictures of outfits that she wants to wear some day….she puts the pictures where she can see them daily. I also know a woman that carried around a pair of shorts. There were too small for her at the time but she was working to get into them. The last time I saw her she was getting close to her goal weight….that was last June. I know she has worn those shorts now. Find something that you want to wear something that you want to do and keep it close as a reminder.

Weight lose is a long and winding road with lots of bumps, pot holes, obstacles and detours. Just figure out a way to get up over around or through them when they come along and get in your way. I am not going to lie to you it isn’t always easy and we do lose steam and momentum but we refuel and get back with it.

Look at it like this. If you are taking a trip in your car and you run out of gas are you going to just turn around and go back home or are you going to refuel and keep going and get to where you were going? You will refuel. You just need to refuel now.
    Hang in there YOU CAN DO IT! Always remember we are here for you.
    ((((Big Hugs))))
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • zaracooper
    Options
    Loretta,
    thank you! reading your message has made me feel better about myself!!
    you alway know what to say and it really nice thank you, you are angle:flowerforyou:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Thanks for being here.
    I am glad what I have to say has helped you.
    Just coming here helps me stay on track I get so much motivation from all of you.
    (((Big Hugs)))
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • alice
    alice Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, Thanks to all of you for the support I really appreciate all of your kind words of motivation. I really love this site and the people who are on it.
    :happy:
    alice
  • dwsmustang
    Options
    I am so glad that I am not the only one who, sometimes, feels it's just not worth it. I know I will get back on track, my health depends on it. This is a wonderful site and I actually get more motivation here than anywhere.

Thank you to everyone
  • skherson28
    skherson28 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. You are all so supportive. And thanks especially to Loretta- you are the best encourager. You have made an impact on those using mfp!