30 something Mom of 2 looking for Accountability Friends

Options
2»

Replies

• fitsebtownmama
    fitsebtownmama Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site also! I am 37 years old and just had my second child in April. I have 20 lbs. to loose, I would like to do this by October, as I have a tropical vacation coming up! :) I have done lots of "programs" in the past, but really believe in whole foods, not eating packaged / processed foods. And believe the bottome line, is to eat less & move more! So this is what I am starting to focus on. I am very motivated by my new baby, I know I want to be in shape & an energetic, happy, healthy mommy for him and my older child! I also really need to stay accountable & would love to find some support on this site. Maybe we could "add" one another as "fitness pal friends?"
  • Yukonchickie
    Yukonchickie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me too if you like. I have about 40lb to go before I hit my final goal so we can totally support each other.
    I am a mother of 2 but mine are grown.
    You can do it!!!
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

Feel free to add me, Im a 32yo mum of 3 kids (6, 4 and 2).

This site is great for motivation and support.

Cheers, Lyndall
  • lemasney
    lemasney Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing any particular plan at the moment, just going to focus on eating whole foods, little processed foods as possible and just being active.

Welcome back. Sounds like a plan to me! Add me if you like.
  • lemasney
    lemasney Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I tend to go hard and burn out quickly. My goal for next week is to track my food for at least 4 days and to walk a minimum of 6 miles. I figure both of these are definitely doable so no excuses!

I use a fitbit ultra tracker (look for the ad on MFP to the right there, you'll see it eventually) to automatically track my activity through the day. Best $100 I ever spent, and it integrates very well with MFP. I was hard pressed to walk more than 15 minutes before, and 8 weeks later, I walk an average of 5 miles a day. It's really a great, subtle, passive way to be motivated to move.
  • MardiGrasMichelle
    MardiGrasMichelle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone....I am a forty something mom of 2:blushing:
    I am new to myfitnesspal and curently doing eating as close to Paleo as possible and I love it!
    My only modifications are:Eating some dairy (yogurt, light butter, 1 oz milk w/ coffee & mozzarella string cheese) Eating all veggies and sweet potatoes, however trying to limit corn and sweet peas Using Lean Shake protein powder w/ 8 oz. water as mini-meal Keeping count of protein and limiting to 82-90 grams a day I also try to limit my fruit intake to breakfast and lunch only (before 1pm) Increased water intake to at least 6 to 8 glasses a day Not eating any rice, pasta, (white, red, gold) potatoes, sugar, chocolate, or anything from a box:)
    I have logged my weight, and measurements in my personal trainer wii. I'm taking my front and back BEFORE PICS this afternoon to refer to when I do not feel like working out. Speaking of working out, I have made a commitment to 30 minutes a day Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and 1 hour on Saturday for a longer run/walk. I plan on increasing my time by 15 minutes a day after my first month and then adjust accordingly as my fitness levels improve. Friday's are my Fantastic Free Friday's-so no workout.
    Besides walk/run I plan on rotating biking, wii personal trainer (weights, yoga, cardio), wii fit, wii sports, wii dance revolution to keep it fresh and fun. I must admit Thursday night went well setting up fitness test on wii and 30 min class. Friday was rest. Then due to rain Saturday and Sunday, didn't make it outside to run/walk so considering an indoor trainer down the road- then I can bike indoors for a back up plan:)
    Weigh in Wednesday will be my standard posts with a fabulously new perspective and release on life:) I truly believe Life is what YOU make it!!!!!
  • letgo79
    letgo79 Posts: 25
    Options
    feel free to add me, I am a 30 something mother of one cute 2 year old.
  • cjstagg
    cjstagg Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Add me! cjstagg =)
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 41 year old Mom of 2 boys. One's a teen one's a younger elementary age. I am working on trying to just get fitter and lose weight. It's always good to have encouragement on this path. I will send a request, and you can accept if you like. Welcome and best of luck!!!
  • LisAllum
    LisAllum Posts: 55
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend :) I think accountability is the biggest problem across the board, so I'm happy to join you on that score. Well done on the 1lb loss so far!! x
  • bkknights
    bkknights Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 31 with two kiddos. They are 2 1/2 years apart and I never lost weight between them. I am on a mission to lose weight and be healthy for them. Add me if you like :)
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Just bumping up this old thread :) I'm a 30 something mom of 3.