Movie-Themed Foods!

Options
shellsrenee01
shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
Hey everyone!

My work is having a "Movie-Themed" potluck tomorrow. I'm trying to figure out something creative to bring. Any suggestions?

For example...if the movie is The Breakfast Club, I could bring something that has to do with breakfast or I can bring Captain Crunch cereal and pixie sticks (haha not recommended)

I'd love some of your ideas! Movie and the food that reminds you of it.

Ready, set, go! :drinker:

Replies

• shellsrenee01
    Options
    No ideas? Hmm...Maybe I'll just do Fried Green Tomatoes and call it a day...haha
  • michellematteson
    Options
    I love movies and wanted to do something like this once for a blog, go through movies and pick recipes that would fit them. Some of the movies I remember pairing with food at the time included:

Peter Jackson's King Kong with banana recipes, pancakes with bananas, smoothies
    Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit with cheese fondue

But there could be so many possibilities depending on what movies you like

The Devil Wears Prada, devil's food cupcakes with fashion logos for designs
    The Avengers, shawarma food (never heard about it before the movie, but could be fun to try)
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    American Pie --- and take apple pie :laugh:
    Veggie Tales - and take cut up veggies and dip
    :laugh:
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Do you know what movie they might play? Hmmmmm. If you guys were at the Drive-In instead of work, then I would say "Space Age Pizza" at the "Snack Bar Now" Heee. Hummmm.. Licorice? How about Raisinettes? Popcorn Balls? Corn-Diggetty Dogs? JuJuBees?
  • tabathaduvall
    tabathaduvall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We're having Disney night this weekend... this month it's "The Princess and the Frog" with Gumbo and Beignets!
  • shellsrenee01
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I love the King Kong one. I took the lazy way out and bought Twinkies. We get to pick the movie to bring representation food. I picked Twinkies because I really liked Zombieland and the guy in there searches for Twinkies all the time.

I won't be eating them, though. Yuck. But I know my co-workers will love them and it was super easy prep on my part. :bigsmile:
  • LoFoSho100
    LoFoSho100 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Set out a couple of whole cucumbers and call it "Magic Mike" :) I can't even describe my excitement for that movie. LOL!
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Set out a couple of whole cucumbers and call it "Magic Mike" :) I can't even describe my excitement for that movie. LOL!

Hahahaah LOVE this!!!!!
  • shellsrenee01
    Options

That's awesome! LOL I'm looking forward to that movie too.