Egg salad and cottage cheese?

Options
iRun4wine
iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
Anyone ever make egg salad with cottage cheese instead of mayo? The idea just popped into my head, but I'm not sure if it would be good, or gross? :laugh: It would certainly have a lot of protein, though! :wink:

Replies

• amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I never thought to try it but I think I'd love it! It would be protein OVERLOAD.

Let us know if you do make it, how it tastes!
  • Buckychick4ever
    Buckychick4ever Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Never thought of this either but it is a great idea...so after reading the post, I googled it (TGF Google!) and found a recipe. Attached is the link. I am going to make this tonight!! Good luck!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=427590
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    yea im curious =] about how many calories do you think would be in that? lol..
  • priceless
    Options
    It might taste great. Excess protein would be dependent on your body's protein needs. If I question protein, fat or carb excesses, I insert foods into my diary to see what the totals would be like-- then delete the item if I decide not to eat. I think this site is a great tool. I actually brought a hard boiled egg and non-fat cottage cheese to work today -- think I'll try it!
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    I think I just might give it a try! I have been using greek yogurt, but I find that the egg salad is *missing* something. I'm wondering if cottage cheese might do the trick! If so, I bet you could even make Deviled Eggs (I'm not sure if that's spelled correctly) with cottage cheese. I might be on to something here.... :laugh:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I tried a recipe on the Eat-Clean Diet website, and BF and I both liked it. Tried it because I don't like mayo and thought it was really good. I used the whipped kind so it was nice and smooth, too.
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Just reporting back:

I had egg salad with cottage cheese for dinner last night. It was good, but I realized you need a pretty hefty amount of cottage cheese. I also found that I had to add plain greek yogurt to it because the cottage cheese and the egg weren't liquidy enough and it just sort of made a crumbly mess. I will have to experiment with it a little bit more, but it's certainly something I will have again, and something I'll stick with. :flowerforyou: