New from New Zealand

Options
sanfly
sanfly Posts: 207 Member
Hi!

I'm Sandie, 33 yo from NZ and I've just started up again here after checking out the site last year but not really doing anything.

Im really keen to be fit for ski season (this is just starting now here in NZ), and of course lose some kg's too. I've been at the gym on a semi-regular basis for the last few months to try and get fit for skiing, but I know the main thing letting me down is my diet as I'd lost no weight over this time. Im a fairly active person, but have trouble keeping up with my fitter, healthier friends.

I've logged in for 15 days straight now, and havent had any fast food that whole time - considering I used to have it 3 - 5 meals a week that's pretty good! I've been trolling the forums a bit since I've been here, and love seeing the success of people about my height who have done so well - very inspiring, it can be hard to believe that you can get that far from here when you dont know anyone who has done it

Height: 159cm (5'3")
SW: 74.3kg (163.5 lb)
CW: 72.5kg (159.5 lb)
GW #1: 69.9kg (153.8 lb) - Dying to get under 70kg! Haven't been here for about 4 years
GW #2: 63kg (138.6 lb) - this is my re-evaluation weight. Have never been down here before so no idea what I'll be like

I have a couple of (real life) friends on here, but they're not that active. Would be keen for some motivators with similar goals to myself.

Cheers!

Replies

• velvetelvisaotearoa
    Options
    Hey! I don't usually post, but I had to reply, cause I'M Sandy, 33 years old from NZ too! ;-)
  • stricken1
    stricken1 Posts: 6
    Options
    HI there

I'm new to this also! And am looking for some new online friends to help support me, and receive support in our weightloss!!

Please feel free to add me as a friend!

Carla
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey! I don't usually post, but I had to reply, cause I'M Sandy, 33 years old from NZ too! ;-)

Haha, thats too crazy!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    GW #1: 69.9kg (153.8 lb) - Dying to get under 70kg! Haven't been here for about 4 years

This is so me (not the 4 year bit) keeping losing and gaining that same kgs ARRGH

Welcome :smile:
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm probably not as cool as you guys, but I'm turning 33 this year, and am from NZ, although living in Melbourne.
    Add me if you want, I'm pretty focused, and am happy to encourage!!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I'm 35, from New Zealand but living in Bristol UK now.

Not a gym bunny but chugging away at the weight loss through diet and a bit of walking... I'm usually quite active and supportive (if work etc. let me!) :smile: