fitbit not syncing

Options
joybedford
joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
Hi I have had my fitbit for a few months now and love it however. There is a really frustrating problem that is getting progressively worse. When I first got it it often took a long time to sync on the fitbit website I would have to log out and log back in a few times to make it work and then all of a sudden it would sync and link with with MFP. Trying to force the sync by placing it on the receiver made no difference. Over the past week this problem has got much worse and it is taking hours to sync Yesterday i had a calorie deficit of about 900 calories but it just refused to sync at all so I gave up and went to bed. I got the fitbit as I lead a very active life generally as well as exercising lots and had a feeling i wasn,t eating enough this proved to be true but as fitbit is now being unreliable with its syncing I am back to square one. Any ideas.

Replies

• tinawharrison
    Options
    Hi
    I had the same issues and i ended up getting a replacement from them after lots of emails!!
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I sent another email this am as it had refused to sync for o siisuever 12 hours - in the past they have trie to blame the MFP site but I believethe FITBIT website is the issue too.
  • tcat2012
    tcat2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Try unplugging the base (usb) from your computer and closing out your fitbit dashboard...wait a minute then replug the usb and log on to dashboard again. This worked for me a couple of times. One time (before trying the unplug thing) I had to uninstall the fitbit software and reinstall it (after 3 days of no syncing). But the unplugging has been working recently. I find their customer support to be nonexistent. When my fitbit stopped synicing for several days I emailed them twice and got no response. But then when I uninstalled and reinstalled the fitbit software and it started working again, I almost immediately got an email that said something like "we see you have synced your fitbit." Sheesh!