Losing too fast?

Options
Hi all!

Just wanting a few opinions on the following:

I've been on here since 7 May 2012 and have so far lost 8 lbs. I haven't had any problems losing and it's been fairly steady. I check in on Wii Fit most days, not to check my weight but I do look at my BMI. I've noticed that I log a decrease pretty much every day. Not necessarily heaps but a decrease all the same.
Just wondering if this is alright or if I'm losing too fast? I'd just hate to pile it all back on as soon as I switch to maintenance!

Thoughts please :)

Replies

• AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    If you've just started losing weight you'll find that it comes off pretty rapidly at first then after a while it'll start to slow down. Just make sure you're eating enough and drinking enough water and not totally over-doing the exercise and you should be fine.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    When I started I kept myself at about 1600 Cal, excercised 3-5 times a cardio mostly for about 60 minutes at a time hit the machines also some pushups and situps I was at about 260 I lost it fairly qucik now im pretty much just maintaining but I still run 5-6 days a week 8-9 miles a time. I also eat a little more also so my weight fluctuats up and down plus or minus 5 lbs.
  • scooterist
    scooterist Posts: 17
    Options
    ^ What lat said really.

I was losing at about 3lb a week to begin with, quick enough that people didn't say anything because they thought I was ill. It's slowed down a bit now so I need to work a bit harder.

Good luck
  • francesmary1
    francesmary1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try checking out the "eat more to weigh less" group on here - they advocate losing weight more slowly in order to keep it off long term. There is a lot of evidence that suggests that if you cut your calories too drastically that your metabolism drops to compensate - then when you start to eat normally again your body stores it as fat. After reading all the info on the group I upped my daily calorie intake - I am still losing weight but it is easier, and I don't go hungry but I go by the mantra "slow and steady wins the race" and I intend to keep it off, after all I am making changes for life. Good luck with it!
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your tips! :) I haven't been going hungry but I'll maybe play around and increase my calories a little.

Thank you!!