Running NSV - I can't believe I did this

Options
dougii
dougii Posts: 679 Member
I started the C25K app a while back but then injured my knee so had not been able to run in about 2 weeks... Went out in the dark this morning (very warm and muggy) and left the house with the intention of doing week 3 day 2 of c25k....when this ended I was feeling so good that I ran the 5 minute cool down period and reset the app for week 3 day 3 and kept right on going. Somewhere in mile 5 the sun actually rose - beautiful picture as I ran down the hill knowing I would have to go right on by my house in order to finish week 4 day 1. In the end I ran for 42 minutes, walked for 51 minutes and cover 6.49 miles. A new all time best 10k time - but of course I had never done a 10k before (LOL).... You all have a great day!!!! And thanks or all of the support and inspiration!!!!!

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :drinker:
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    What a great way to start your day! Congratulations!
  • SL22268
    SL22268 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing...way to go!!! :smile:
  • MandyZacherl79
    MandyZacherl79 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Isn't it AWESOME what our bodies can do when you treat it right?

I am just starting to try and run. I always try to picture zombies chasing me for motivation.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's great!
  • biznoche
    biznoche Posts: 43
    Options
    That's GREAT!!! I got really bad shin splints when I started so I know how discouraging it is when an injury occurs. Especially when my running partner got so far ahead of me in training and I felt like a failure. Keep up the great work, your persistence will reward you (and obviously has!) :wink:
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I'm chicken in the humidity - so I did my run on the treadmill yesterday :)
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    What an amazing NSV. Good job!!
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! Your comments are inspiring me to go out in a couple of days and do three more days of c25k (LOL). I am actually going out tonight on the motorcycle and mile measuring a 6+ mile route to run/walk so that I do not have to go back on the track....after the roads, running in circles was really boring :happy:
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Isn't it AWESOME what our bodies can do when you treat it right?

I am just starting to try and run. I always try to picture zombies chasing me for motivation.

There's an app for that :laugh:
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That is awesome!! :flowerforyou:
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Amazing job!!!!
  • chrisdavy239
    chrisdavy239 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great work - now make sure you rest up for a day or two, you will feel that in your legs!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I love days like that. When the running is fun and easy. And I'm jealous, as I seem to have lost my running mojo lately.
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love hearing success stories about running:) I was a couch potato before turned runner..Love it!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Congrats!!!

Hope your knee is fairing well :-) I bet you'll be sore tomorrow :-) but at least it'll be a good kind of sore.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!