Hello, newbie to Insanity

Options
Hi, I'm Rebecca, I'm 34 and have been working out using home dvds for a few months now. Started with Natalie Cassidy, tried Charlie Brooks, Nell McAndrew and then found Jillian Michaels, who I loved. Lost half a stone and a few inches.
Discovered Insanity a few weeks ago, now on Day 10 and absolutely loving it. Have seen the thread about this already so I'll go over and join in later!
It would be nice to chat to like minded people as most of my friends and family don't think I need to lose weight (I don't really, but would like to tone and gain strength) and I'm getting pretty fed up of them saying so!

Replies

• EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is using the insanity dvd's and loves it, I am trying to get hold of a copy of it as I would like to have a go!!
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    I wish I could help with Insanity but I'm doing p90x2 right now. After that I will do Insanity. I'm really looking forward to it, I hear it's Insane!
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I did 2 straight rounds of Insanity! It's SO addicting! Stick with it and you will definitely see major improvements on your endurance!
  • Beckii330
    Beckii330 Posts: 28
    Options
    I have P90X to try afterwards but having watched a few the instructor hasn't grabbed my attention as much. But I'll give it a go :-)
  • wagneco17
    wagneco17 Posts: 25
    Options
    I am currently in my week of Insanity, but will be starting round 2 next week. I’m not doing a recovery week in between only because I was on vacation last week (so I just consider that my recovery week). After we (my husband and I) we are moving to P90X/Insanity Hybrid.

I am with you – my family and friends always ask “why are you doing such intense workout… you have nothing to lose?” – well, I’m sorry for wanting to be fit and trip. Or wait, no I’m not sorry! :smile:
  • outspan87
    outspan87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Insanity is mostly cardio and it's very effective to lose weight. P90x is more of a complete body workout, you may not lose weight as fast with it but it's better to tone or bulk up. (You can reach your goals with either program, but losing weight is significantly easier with Insanity and toning is significantly easier with p90x).