Best Workout Videos

Options
I live an hour from the closest gym so I rely on work out DVD's. I want to expand my collection so I'm not doing the same workout all the time.

What's your favorite?

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I really like Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30. Each workout is pretty short (under 30 minutes, I believe) and there are 3 levels Shred and 4 levels in Ripped to do.
  • RWeaver08
    RWeaver08 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Mine is the Leslie Sansone dvds. The three mile walk at home aerobics is my favorite. You can pick how many of the miles you want to do. It's an awesome calorie burn and you don't have to buy any extra tools to do it if you don't want to. I just burned 289 calories by doing 2 miles and it only took 31 minutes to do. It's great if you don't live near a gym or if you have kids and can't just pick up and go. (:
  • d0llhouse
    d0llhouse Posts: 7
    Options
    if you want to tone your lower half, you HAVE to get the original buns of steel with greg smithey!! the outfits are outdated and greg is kind of cheesy, but it is super effective
  • Launiboop
    Launiboop Posts: 2
    Options
    I LOVE the TurboFire set (with Chalean Johnson) and have had great results with it. I know it's a bit pricey but it's worth the money!! It's good to start out with the TurboJam set first even though I don't think the TurboJam is really worth the money and it is not as good. It just depends on your fitness level.
  • Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    Options
    I love the firm workouts! they combine cardio with weights so you get more of a workout faster. I was amazed at how effective they were. I purchased the wave by the firm last year and i use it all the time.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    My favorite is The Firm: Maximum Caloire Burn. The entire DVD is 51 minutes including the welcome, warm-up, cool-down and ab workout. Allison, the instructor, is a delight. "Welcome Firm recruits." ha ha
  • Kiwi_09
    Kiwi_09 Posts: 65
    Options
    My favorite is The Firm: Maximum Caloire Burn. The entire DVD is 51 minutes including the welcome, warm-up, cool-down and ab workout. Allison, the instructor, is a delight. "Welcome Firm recruits." ha ha

I like that it's longer than 30 minutes, which I find most videos aren't.
  • mattiexox
    mattiexox Posts: 42
    Options
    I don't have any DVDs :( BUT! I do Bodyrock.tv exercises and Pilates on youtube. Her channel is this: http://youtube.com/blogilates and http://youtube.com/blogilatesTV :)
  • MuggsyMooGoo
    Options
    P90X is AWESOME! But you do need some weights at home to do some of the things. The cardio and the plyometrics dvd's are GREAT for cardio.
  • Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    insanity is my all time favorite :) i definitely recommend it. I have a ladies only support group on FB if you are looking for extra support. We would love to have more ladies :) Send me a message :)
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Slim in 6 and then the Slim Series. I masted both of those and have now moved on too P90x. Most of the beachbody ones are fantastic.
  • mmessinger0718
    mmessinger0718 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Turbofire and P90X! Turbofire if you are looking to get a killer cardio workout and P90X if you are looking to tone up.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Anything Jillian Michaels,Bob Harper, Jackie Warner and Jari Love

Turbo Jam

Online I like bodyrock.tv and on youtube I like zuzana light's channel, be fit in 90, and fitness blender
  • helly1987
    helly1987 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the Zumba fitness body transformation set, it's really fun and your losing calories at the same time!
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, I'm on week3 and loving it!!! I have done ChaLean Extreme and Jillian's 30Day Shred, both of those are great. I also have Biggest Loser Cardio Max, a great cardio burn!! After JM's Body Revolution I'm thinking possibly Turbo Fire :)
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, I'm on week3 and loving it!!! I have done ChaLean Extreme and Jillian's 30Day Shred, both of those are great. I also have Biggest Loser Cardio Max, a great cardio burn!! After JM's Body Revolution I'm thinking possibly Turbo Fire :)

Oh and I do have Zumba for the Wii, that's good for a lil extra cardio. I do attend the classes where I live twice a week, ZUmba in a class is def more fun than the wii and I sweat more! lol.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I would recommend P90X for resistance & body composition change, although you can do it with bands, to get the best from it you need weights & a pull up bar - it is a very comprehensive program, with elements of cardio, yoga & stretching. The "days" usually run to around 60mins give or take a couple of minutes either way.

TurboFire is fast & furious BUT mostly fun cardio, the discs have innumerable options, from short fast w/outs upto combination of w/outs, I can't emphasise enough the aims & methods used are a lot like Insanity BUT with fun thrown in for free :)

Insanity is a lot of football drills & jumping, a dedicated following BUT I really can't see why, the discs run to just under an hour, are really tough but IMO boring & repetitive :(

An all round great is RushFit, an MMA inspired w/out with great pedigree. It is 5 x 5 rounds with a minute rest in between. Seven discs that run at 45 mins each. Circuit training with mostly bodyweight & a few light weights used, really tough & great fun.

All times include warm ups & cooldowns.
  • leannerob1984
    leannerob1984 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I personally love the Davina workouts, im currently alternating between Ultimate Target and Body Buff and i find they really work for me, i like to feel like ive worked hard so i do both 30min sections plus warm up/ down.

The ultimate target one is good coz it has the boot camp section which is mostly strength training with a few intervals thrown in to get your heart rate going, excellent paired with cardio i think, and ive really noticed a difference in my arms and abs (even though nothing is gonna shift the mummy tummy) but i can feel the muscles are alot tighter underneath!

I have others like 30 shred and Billy Banks Tae Bo when i want to do something different, also, Yogalites for weight loss is quite good for toning

HTH
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I personally have just started Pauline Nordin's The Butt Bible Workout. It consists of 3 levels Upper and Lower Body. You do each level for 2 weeks which ends up being 6 weeks all together. You don't even have to go out and buy it as it is all on Youtube. ;) That is where I use it from. I have already seen some results and I'm only on week 3.
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 - love this one! I've done it at least 3 times lol.
    Jillian Michaels Banish Far Boost Metabolism - this is great too because it's a little longer and no weights are needed.
    Also Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones - same length as BFBM^ but you need weights.
    (I pretty much recommend any of Jillian's DVD's but these are among my top 3 picks)

Insanity - currently in the middle of this program and so far I am liking it!