200+ girls / guys

Options
For me...admitting my weight was the hardest part, and second was admitting how I need to lose to be healthy..

But, now I am over those hurdles and looking forward to the future and the future me. I started my journey at 210 (close to my heaviest weight) and my goal is to be around 150. I would like to get down to 140 so that when I start maintenance and gain a little bit back, it will line me right back with my main goal and I wont feel discouraged.

Does anyone else have a larger goal to accomplish such as this one? I could use all of the motivation and support possible, and would be happy to help others along the way as well.

I would LOVE to hear stories of those of you who have achieved a larger goal like this, so please share your wonderful success stories!

Replies

• rvrtplus2
    rvrtplus2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I don't have a success story as I'm in the same boat. I'm at my biggest 212 pounds! I cannot believe its that high. I want to be at around 150 pounds. I've had a really hard time trying to lose weight. My problem always seems to be one of two things: I eat right but exercise little or eat like crud and exercise a lot. I'm slowly learning to balance these two. I know most of the effort is supposed to be your food intake. I'm a shorty, 5'3, so the weight is not at all attractive. I'm getting married in November and I'm no where near my goal weight (I got engaged last January). My new goal for the time being is to drop one size by the wedding. I'm currently a snug size 16 but would like to be a 14 for my wedding. Like you I'm looking for motivating stories. I'm new at this site as far as commenting and friends goes, but feel free to add me if you like :)
  • dietmotivator
    dietmotivator Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't have a success story yet but I just wanted to say I agree! :)
    I've been kidding myself, saying I'm on a diet for months until I realised I've put on weight and been overindulging way too much.
    The first step for me was admitting I needed to really cut back my calorie intake, my second was telling my parents I'm serious about losing weight this time. (I live with them.)

Good Luck to you!
  • babylove1951
    Options
    I am currently 225, and my goal weight is 140. I don't have a success story yet, but I know within the next couple of months I'll have tons of short term successes all leading to one big one. Good luck, and I can't wait to hear the success stories. They are what keep me motivated.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    No success story yet. I started out at 220lbs, currently 203lbs and have a goal weight of 130lbs.

I think the first step for me was getting off my backside and getting some exercise, even if it's only a long walk with the dog.

Good luck to you all :smile:
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I started at 286 last year. I weighed in at 191 this morning.

Just keep up the routine. Its a lifestyle change, not a diet you will go off of. Everything in moderation. Find those healthy items you like and eat them a lot. It is all about finding a balance that works for you and being dedicated to doing it.

Exercise at least 3 times a week. Now that I am down to 191 I eat like a horse and am constantly hungry. I am eating the right items so it is really a lot of food. Tons of fruit, veggies, lean meats. Your body will adapt and change.

As you start seeing results and start buying smaller clothes, it really helps to motivate you. I remember feeling on top of the world buying a XL instead of an XXL, I am now in a L.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I started out at 332.4 in January 2011. I am currently 233.6 and want to get to 175. I might go lower once I get there, but we'll see how I look and feel at that point.
  • shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My very heaviest was 289 lbs a few years ago. I stayed in the rough 250 range for years after losing that initial weight loss. I have been on a small, but steady losing streak for a while now and am in the 240's. It's a lot of sheer will, determination, and even splurging here and there.

Feel free to add me if anyone would like, I will try to help support you - but know that I don't condone the fast food, processed food route. I don't care if you eat meat (I'm a vegetarian - or modified pescatarian) that I can deal with, but I can't deal with all the processed stuff - it honestly isn't good for you no matter how it comes pre-packaged.
  • lexylml
    lexylml Posts: 1
    Options
    I also have a large goal to complete but I'm working crazy hard to complete it and am determined.. (: I love hearing success stories and hope I will be able to tell mine too, 90 pounds is what I have to lose, I started at 213 and want to be in the 135 range... please add me here for some motivation, I don't really have any friends who want to do this with me and help me with my journey so I feel kind of lonely on here at the moment... ahahah
  • HeatherP2205
    Options
    Thank you for all of the replies!

I cant wait to hear more about your success stories and help motivate those of us that are not there yet to finally get to the point where we are "before and after" pictures and have our own success stories!!

:)

Good luck to everyone and if you ever need support or an ear, im here for ya :)
  • Cwilbanks12105
    Cwilbanks12105 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    No success story yet, I started at 260+, I'm currently at 217 and my goal is around 160, maybe 150 I'll see when I get closer. I can't believe I let myself get 40lbs away from 300lbs, and I'm already proud of myself for getting as far as I have. It's definitely a challenging journey but Im definitely enjoying making my body stronger every day.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    At ~218 now, down from a high of 250, started MFP at 235. Aiming for 165.. /sigh
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    bump to read later.....busy day. I'm 245lbs.....long way to go x
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I started at 222, I'm down to 208 over the last 2 months. My goal is 150, as well. I'm looking at this as a long term project, but I'm determined to do it. I was diagnosed type II diabetic, and that was my wake-up call, that I wasn't just 'heavy but healthy'. I'm on everyday, and I try to be encouraging. Feel free to add me.
  • Buettner22
    Buettner22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I started at 235 and im donw to 207 as of this morning. It hasnt been easy but the thought of being close to the 100's again makes me keep going,
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to lost about 92 lbs. Not sure I can make or maintain that, given a couple health issues. But then again, I wouldn't have thought I'd get this far either :-)
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Ladies, the fact that you aren't were you used to be IS a victory! If anything you are still a success story in the making. Don't down play it.
  • determinedsocialworker
    determinedsocialworker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey.. great stories, everyone. My highest was 285, and I am currently at 228.. almost 60 pounds gone!!! I have been fighting between 226-235 for about 6 months and have lost the same 10 pounds about 3 times...ALL in my head!!! I am finally on the downward swing again and my goal right now is 199.. I can't see past it and am not even trying.. REALLY hoping I can reach my goal by October-ish and I'll make another goal from there... I go the slow and steady method and it has worked for me... I see a trainer and food has always been my biggest obstacle.. Lots of luck to everyone and anyone can feel free to add me.. I love supporting others (kind of an occupational "hazard") and getting my *kitten* kicked when needed... Rachel
  • amberlynyeager
    Options
    I don't have a success story just yet, but I have started my journey at 285 pounds, as of today, I am now 246, so I have lost 39lbs so far, it wasn't easy, but I am doing it. I want to get down to 130-135lbs, with my height, that is the higher part of a "healthy weight". So I want to be in that "healthy weight", so I have my goal set high, but I do it within small milestones in order to achieve my goal. I believe that if you set it too high, you'll fail, so you need small milestones. I do daily, weekly, and monthly. I am the maid of honor to my best friend's wedding in December, so I'll be getting my dress in November, and I have to stay wherever I am, I can't lose or gain, because my dress will be custom made.. So I want to be under 200 pounds in November! It's going to be hard, but I am determined, and I know I can do it, if I keep my mind to it. I'm looking at 10lbs a month, totally do-able, since I lost 5.6 pounds last week!! I wont wish you good luck, because you don't need it, I wish you perseverance, and focus!
  • speede12001
    speede12001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    started 12/27/2011 @ 255
    Goal was 195 - hit it end of april!!!

Bounce between 195 and 205

Thinking about 180 - 185 wife likes where I am but I would kinda like to see that on the scale!

Keep up the fight!
  • Madam_Patrick
    Madam_Patrick Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm in your boat. Here's my "so far" success. I started Oct 2011 at 242lbs. I am down to 207 as of about 10 days ago. That is an average of 5lbs/month. I need to weigh in, but life has gotten hectic. I've been eating over my calories somedays, but I am moving more.
    My goal is high school graduation weight 175-180. I would like to be less, but I can't imagine that quite yet.
    No strenuous exercise, just moving more... until now. I plan on running a half-marathon, the first time in my life running any sort of race, in October. I'll be celebrating my one year on this journey!
    Add me if you'd like. I could use the encouragement, too!