Another newbie :)

Options
lauren3101
lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
Hi all, I'm Lauren - looking for some friends on here to share motivation with. :)

I've been dieting a long time - I have about 100lb to lose. Just started doing 'my own thing' rather than following a diet and actually exercising this time and in 6 weeks I've lost 15lb. So hoping I'll be able to stick to it this time round but I'm feeling pretty motivated.

Feel free to add me as a friend, I'd love to hear other stories and share idas!

Replies

• Bastiencade
    Options
    Are you doing any types of workouts along with your diet? Good job on losing the 15 pounds!
  • Pumpkinseedy
    Options
    Friend request sent! Motivation is always needed!
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    A lifestyle change is the way to do it. Add me if you like. I have 60 to go and believe in exercising and eating well.
    I hope you succeed reaching your goal!!
    HC
  • flstarlady65
    flstarlady65 Posts: 129
    Options
    Welcome Lauren. Good luck in your weight loss, you are off to a great start. When you feel a little motivated start adding exercise to your new lifestyle.

Feel free to add me if you are looking for friends along your journey.
  • lauren3101
    Options
    Thank you! :)

Yes, I am walking a lot at the moment.

I cannot do anything too strenuous - the reason for me finally deciding I need to do this is because I slipped a disc in my back 2 months ago - but I have been doing a minimum of 3 100 minute walks a week, I've given up smoking and my fitness levels are 10 times better already!
  • lauren3101
    Options
    Thanks all for the lovely replies, it's nice to meet you all!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    So glad you quit smoking! One of my friends on here is trying to quit. Keep up the good work! This is her user name. Maybe you can motivate her some more.kati37
  • natyts
    natyts Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wtg on your loss fantastic start . Feel free to add me to can never get enough motivation on here :smile:
  • scareydave
    scareydave Posts: 19
    Options
    Good on you Lauren for finding this place. I have only been active here for a small time but the people here are fantastic. Very encouraging and a good laugh!

I've added you! :)
  • lauren3101
    Options
    Thank you both! :)

Scarey Dave - you don't look very scary?! ;)
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the party :). Add me as a friend if you like. I love to have friends to support and encourage. This is a great change! Good for you!
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a great group of people and there is always someone around for support. Add me if you like I am fairly new too!
  • lauren3101
    Options
    I have added you all! :)