Starting over.. where to begin...?

2»

Replies

• animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    I would say if you do most of your unhealthy eating at work consider looking for a new job (I know that's easier said then done with the current economic climate) but it's probably just as hard for you to resist temptation as an alcoholic would be working at a bar (going from your addicted comment, I know I would be tempted all day, if anyone brings in cupcakes or cookies to my work I can feel them staring at me all day and I usually fail at saying no). Other good options posted if it's not practical to change jobs would be to make sure you do packed lunches, I'm a big eater so I make massive salads packed with tonnes of green leaves, cucumber, baby tomatoes, peppers, then a 100-150g portion of lean meat (tuna or chicken usually) a few olives lashings of low fat honey and mustard dressing and a small dollop of low fat mayo, I usually portion it out too so I have half at lunch then another half on my 3pm break so I don't end up going to the office vending machine for choccy or crisps during my afternoon dip.

Good luck you have a harder job than most with your work situation, but you can do it! :D
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    I would say if you do most of your unhealthy eating at work consider looking for a new job (I know that's easier said then done with the current economic climate) but it's probably just as hard for you to resist temptation as an alcoholic would be working at a bar (going from your addicted comment, I know I would be tempted all day, if anyone brings in cupcakes or cookies to my work I can feel them staring at me all day and I usually fail at saying no). Other good options posted if it's not practical to change jobs would be to make sure you do packed lunches, I'm a big eater so I make massive salads packed with tonnes of green leaves, cucumber, baby tomatoes, peppers, then a 100-150g portion of lean meat (tuna or chicken usually) a few olives lashings of low fat honey and mustard dressing and a small dollop of low fat mayo, I usually portion it out too so I have half at lunch then another half on my 3pm break so I don't end up going to the office vending machine for choccy or crisps during my afternoon dip.

Good luck you have a harder job than most with your work situation, but you can do it! :D

I have been looking for a new job for the past 3 or so months, just waiting for someone to want me haha.
    I very recently completed my cert 3 so am gonna find a job within that field of work ASAP. :)
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    I just noticed your user name is 'Beautyfrompain'. I think this attitude could be the source of your yo-yo-ing. Weight loss is challenging, but it doesn't have to be torture. Losing 2 pounds a week on a starvation diet may work in the short term, but you have to find a way to eat that you can enjoy for the rest of your life, even if this means you don't see results as quickly.

I know the meaning of the song, but that is not the meaning of my username. Don't jump to conclusions?
    The meaning is because I started exercising to help my depression and through this I am off all antidepressants, and I feel like I am now more beautiful inside and out. Because of something which started off as a fight against depression which is the "pain" part.

believe me, I wanna lose 1-2lbs a week, whilst eating healthy nutritious meals and exercising. That is all.

It wasn't a conclusion, just a thought... whatever the meaning behind your username, I maintain that losing and regaining weight and feeling like you are out of control are often symptoms of overly restrictive diets and short term thinking. A 2lbs a week goal is pretty high, which is why I would advise starting with focusing on maintaining or losing 0.5lbs a week.

I and others here are taking the time to try and help you, given the limited knowledge we have about the specifics of your situation. No-one is here to judge or offend deliberately so try and take people's comments in the positive spirit in which they are given :)
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Oh dear....
  • Oh dear....

Oh dear Oh dear!
  • nursenelson
    nursenelson Posts: 295
    hahaha oh god you're telling ME to watch my attitude? *facepalm*

What? I give you some advice in your thread and you retort by saying you have a disorder that I didnt know about and its my fault?
    Alright, thats cool.

I think that you need to re-read what has been written.

Nowhere did I say any of it was your fault.

"Also, tone down the negative thinking.. Its half the reason you worry so much. We are MFP friends and one day you are so happy with yourself and the next you are freaking out over something. Just chilllllllllll."

you kinda started it.

Well its true, we are MFP friends and you are very inspiring some days to me. Then you post something that crushes all your good work and its just sad to see sometimes. You need to start taking control of your life, only you can do this.

wow um....if I was Cassie I'd un friend.....
  • nursenelson
    Hey, I get that you're suffering from depression. I've been there and still am. I've also been weaning myself off the meds because they made me gain weight. It's difficult to adjust and hard to just chill and stop stressing about things and being negative, believe me I know. But people are just trying to offer support and be helpful. You asked a question but didn't give all of the information needed for an informed answer.

^^^^^^^ this.
    you asked for help and people are helping but you are just turning around and biting their heads off.
  • nursenelson
    Oh dear....

Oh dear Oh dear!

oh dear oh dear oh dear!
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Oh dear....

Oh dear Oh dear!

oh dear oh dear oh dear!

x infinity (and beyond!)