Peppermint tea and weight loss.

Options
Where I live at the moment is very cold, so I looked up tea and weight loss and saw that green tea is very good for it BUT I would only drink peppermint tea so that doesn't help :grumble:

I was just wondering what benefits peppermint tea has and if it helps with weight loss etc.

Replies

• KateL1969
    KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I drink peppermint tea, especially when I'm feeling a bit acidic. I also always take it on holiday with me incase I get a bad tummy as it is the first thing I want to have.
    Kate
  • watermel0nsugar
    Options
    Peppermint tea is a great drink to have - the more hydrated you are the less hungry you'll be, the more energy you'll have, and it will aid in cleansing out your system. Peppermint is very good for your stomach, a lot of people will drink it to help settle their stomach. It's by no means going to work miracles, but neither will green tea. I say drink up for the sake of hydration!
  • rhoyet
    rhoyet Posts: 1
    Options
    I like it to settle my tummy. I grow some chocolate mint and it makes a great aroma when I brew it. I also chop up regular mint very tiny and put it on my watermelon and fruit salad.
  • LDM90
    LDM90 Posts: 24
    Options
    It is great for bloating so if you suffer with that you would probably notice a bit of a difference in your tummy. : )
  • michelle225
    michelle225 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I find drinking peppermint tea in the evening helps me cut down on boredom eating. It gives me something to eat/drink without dding any calories. This is of course assuming you don't add sugar.
  • RawrWolfie
    RawrWolfie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    peppermint tea will help with holotosis and breathe
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I drink Green Tea at work as a way to avoid worktime snacking and reduce the number of diet cokes I drink during the day. I haven't tried peppermint tea yet, it sounds good!
  • RawrWolfie
    RawrWolfie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I drink Green Tea at work as a way to avoid worktime snacking and reduce the number of diet cokes I drink during the day. I haven't tried peppermint tea yet, it sounds good!

diet coke is worse for you then regular coke.
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I make mint tea all the time, it is my favorite to drink.
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I like it to settle my tummy. I grow some chocolate mint and it makes a great aroma when I brew it. I also chop up regular mint very tiny and put it on my watermelon and fruit salad.

how do you brew mint that you grow? i friend gave me some chocolate mint to try but i accidently threw it away (it was in a sandwich bag and i went on a cleaning spree...) i would love to try it again but i didn't even know how to brew it in the first place...
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Mint tea is an appetite suppressant, that's about all I know about it. That's all mint in general also btw