so dun with being plus size!!!

Options
i cnt wait till i can shop in the junior/misses section
i cnt wait to wear short shorts and tank tops in the summer
i cnt wait till i look good in strapless summer dresses
im dun with being plus size!
i really cnt wait till i have a before and after pic!!!!

Replies

• briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I'm finally out of plus sizes, but still not to a point where I feel comfortable in certain things.

Stay focused and you will get there. Remember that even if you get a little off track, get back to it the next day and continue on your journey.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I hear you! me too. I'm done with being a large or extra large size!!!
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize w/ all of you. No longer plus-size, but I remember being 260lbs and a size 22/24, 3X top and looking at all the cute clothes that I could not wear. That is what prompted me to lose weight, working in dept store w/ clothes I could not fit and be tired of wearing clothes that were made to hide everything LOL.

I was a size 3X top, now a size Medium
    I was a size 22 in pants, now a size 10/12
    Even my feet got smaller, from a size 11 to a size 9
    Bra size went from 46DDD to a 38C (had a breast reduction, was a 38DDD)

You ladies can do it, just keep pushing and use this as your motivation to keep moving forward, you're closer than you think! I thought I'd never be this size as an adult. I thought I was going to remain a plus-size girl for the rest of my life, but here I am! :)
  • Lewisgrl23
    Lewisgrl23 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I fell the same way!!! I'm so excited about your goal!! When I started I was at a 26/28, now I'm a 14/16. My goal is an 10/12 or smaller, we'll see.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I haven't gone shopping but really need to as all my plus size clothes have been looking pretty silly on me now for a few weeks. Like MsColes I started at 260. I wore a 2x top and 22w pants. I am sure I can drop down to 1x or even some larges now and I have a pair of 16 jeans left in the back of my closet from a decade ago that I can get into. The best part is knowing that I can now find many items to wear in the "normal" size section and that the variety is so much better.
  • missmonica78
    missmonica78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to be able to wear "regular" clothes either. I'm always saying to myself "If I was skinny, I would wear XYZ". It's time to stop wishing and start doing!

You ladies are such an inspiration.
    I have resolved to aim for this goal everyday....no matter what.
    As long as we never give up, we will eventually reach our goals.
  • Pammilla2000
    Pammilla2000 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize w/ all of you. No longer plus-size, but I remember being 260lbs and a size 22/24, 3X top and looking at all the cute clothes that I could not wear. That is what prompted me to lose weight, working in dept store w/ clothes I could not fit and be tired of wearing clothes that were made to hide everything LOL.

You ladies can do it, just keep pushing and use this as your motivation to keep moving forward, you're closer than you think! I thought I'd never be this size as an adult. I thought I was going to remain a plus-size girl for the rest of my life, but here I am! :)
    This is me now....3X's, 24/26/28......it's time for a change. I'm trying to get where you are. Love the pics!
  • Pammilla2000
    Pammilla2000 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to be able to wear "regular" clothes either. I'm always saying to myself "If I was skinny, I would wear XYZ". It's time to stop wishing and start doing!

You ladies are such an inspiration.
    I have resolved to aim for this goal everyday....no matter what.
    As long as we never give up, we will eventually reach our goals.
    Yes we will reach our goals. Thank God for MFP & people who can relate to what you're going through. This is helping me. We will get there and be able to wear those cute clothes, reach our goals & be SUPER sexy, cute, fine & all that!!! Work in progress
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm right with you. size 12 jeans and would love to get down to a 8. I think just because of how tall I am and how my body shape is, any smaller would look weird on me.
  • somatiff
    somatiff Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Same here!! I am almost on the verge of wearing size 20 and I can't let myself get there.
    I wore 10/12 in college and I want to get back there and maybe a little smaller. I can't believe I used to think I was so fat back then!!!

Here's to getting skinny! We can do it!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options

That is so funny and awesome. Congratulations and I can't wait to get there too.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Fair warning - bank accounts will shrink along with your waist size! :happy:

I love shopping now that I can fit easily into a L.
  • terryjo623
    terryjo623 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I hear you loud and clear!
    I can not wait to go to any store I want and buy regular clothes.
    I am so done with plus sizes, I can't wait.
    I still have a long way to go but watch out short shorts I am coming for you!!!
  • IrishGirl0816
    Options
    OH YES! I pledge I will never see 215 on the scale again. I've lose 20lbs and am out of the plus sizes but only in a few of the regular sizes. YEAH!
  • rocketqueen81
    Options
    UGGHH! I can't wait to walk into any store I want and "buy off the rack." Instead of being forced to shop at the only 2 stores at the mall that sell my size, or ordering online only and having no idea how it will fit, I will be able to walk into ANY store I want and buy a pair of jeans! That is probably my biggest motivation! It feels so far away, but I'm ready too!
  • prettyblack69
    Options
    u ladies are so encouraging thanks for responding to my topic! this was on my heart at 2 oclock in da morning so i just wrote it down and, its so great to have b in a community with a bunch of woman goin through the same thing your going through, and the success stories keep me pushing forward so that i can become success storie. you ladies are amazing and beautiful, lets keep striving to reach our goals cuz it can be dun. WE CAN DO IT!
  • MzGotItAll25
    MzGotItAll25 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm with you 100%. I want my old self back, 7/8, med shirts, curvy slimmer body!! LETS DO THIS
  • BreahLindley
    Options
    I look forward to being able to go out in public and for once have guys do a double take.
    I look forward to being in a bikini next summer.
    I look forward to wearing short shorts and looking good in them.
    But most of all I am looking forward to seeing that tiny little number on the scale.

Feel free to add me anyone. I just started a week ago (June 13, 2012).
    My goal is 99 pounds and I can use all the motivation and encouragement I can get.
  • littlehope126
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this post! I'm done too! I've lost two dress sizes and last week was able to buy 3 pairs of jeans in the regular size 14. My tops which were once 2x are now XL. I've still got a long way to go, not all 14 's fit but the feeling you get when you zip up those jeans is worth missing cheesecake. I've recently become vegan which has been a challenge because you eat so many carbs, but over all I feel so much more healthy! Anyway, saying all that to say, keep it up! I started at 245lb now I'm 207lb. You can do this! It may take time, but the time will go by anyway right? Better to lose weight as it goes by. I may not reach my goal for another year, but! I will reach it! Wishing you all God's blessings :-):wink:
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I can relate to all of you as well. Just keep your eyes on your goal and in no time we will all be rocking the clothes that will keep us inspired. I have been wearing very tight 18s for too long and i put on a 16W today and even with a belt it was still too bulky in the waist. I havent gotten anything new yet , im waiting until i can get into the 16R with them very loose also lol. But i am in a L top and happy with that. I want to take some before and after pics soon holding the 18s in front of me. Please feel free to add me if you want as we can all use the encouragment .