Current weight: 111ibs
Goal weight: 103ibs
Height: 5ft 0
Exercise: 100 laps a week at pool, run x1, 30 day shred x 2

Replies

• Jessie43082
    Jessie43082 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Since yo are so close to your goal weight, a 2 pound loss per week is probably not the most realistic.

Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    no, not at all.

with only a small amount to lose you should be aiming at 1/2lb per week, as your body will be reluctant to get rid of the last few vanity pounds.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous posts. When you are close to your goal and are already tiny to begin with 2lbs per week is far too much to lose. The smaller you are the harder it is to lose weight.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think so.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Not realistic at all, as mentioned above.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    What they said.

Also, is that exercise routine your normal routine, or is this something you are just going for to lose the little bit of weight? You are better off in the long run maintaining a steady routine than doing the periodic dieting thing.
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Most likely not. I found that as I got closer to my goal weight, I was losing less each week, not by much, but less than a pound per week.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    NO!

.......to clarify, you *could* do it. But as soon as you stop doing the radical exercises and calorie cutting, you going to spring back to your original weight. With such a relatively small way to go, you'd be infinitely better off trimming .5 to 1 pound per week. It'll be easier to maintain after you get there.

So if all you're trying to do is fit in a dress for an upcoming occasion, go for it. But if what you really want is to be at your preferred weight for months and years, slow and steady is the way to go.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Bit dissapointed :(. I intend to keep the exercise up as the swimming is a great stress releif for me and the strength stuff is an essential imo. I also want to stick to the paleo way of eating as its been great for my sense of well being.I had a schedule I wanted to stick to, but I guess i'll have to revise it. Drat!