Think I'm doing something wrong :(

Options
Hi
Its day two for me and not sure if I am getting my head round things. Day 1 I was -14 on the sugar but 432 under calories and full though. Day 2 is looking like 16 over on the protein and under calories again. HELP is it better to be under calories do I have to be exact on every level cause I am feeling full on what I am eating, I don't want to eat just to get the calorie count up, when I'm not hungry. Eating, menu and alround tips would greatly be appreciated and a few friends would be nice too.

Replies

• charanne52
    charanne52 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You don't need to be exactly on your alloted calories each day - sometimes it's better to mix it up a bit so your body doesn't get accustomed to same routine and start conserving energy but you should never eat below your maintenance level. I wouldn't be concerned about being slightly over on your protein levels (people are more concerned with an excess of fats and carbs) but I would suggest that you include fresh vegetables and more fruits in your daily diet.
  • Ivettepoz
    Ivettepoz Posts: 17
    Options
    thanks for the advise
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about going over on protein -- it's good for you and MFP sets the protein goal pretty low. It is almost impossible to hit everything exactly every day anyway. I try to make my weekly totals near the weekly goals.