SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo! week of Nov 9

Options
Howdy y'all.

Dessert happened way too many times last week. I will not eat it this week until at least Friday.

I just got a sweaty yoga practice in yesterday. A friend was here from out of town, so I spent most of the day waiting for her call. We finally met around 8:30 - I didn't get to bed until after midnight.

Today, bike ride and yoga. More beautiful weather this week. We are really getting spoiled. I guess it's to make up for the rather warm summer.

No need for desserts, boogaloo!

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi pebbs,

I'm still debating on what/how much exercise to do today. I have a walk scheduled to the office supply store, and then I'll re-assess to see if I want to work out more. Still feel a bit under par, in a bad way.

I'm really soul-searching on what my exercise/dietary goals should be. Part of me wants to continue with my current goals, but I'm not reaching them. I looked back over last month and I only had one week that I checked everything off of my list. And, currently, I feel like it's a slacker list. Four times a week seems like not much working out. I've even toyed with aiming for every day, and just gauging each day as it comes to see what I want to do. . .or having some weird "random exercise/activity of the day" system (like a jar I pull something out of every morning). I feel in a very discouraged rut right now, and being sick every third week or so isn't helping. :sad: OK, whining over. . .anyone have any ideas for me?

In a rut boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning. :yawn:
    I'm lacking motivation this morning. I'm still itching quite a bit and my skin feels different and irritable, so I took Zyrtec. Starting to feel sleepy again.
    Our dryer is not heating at all now. :grumble: So we will be working on that this evening. I hope we don't have to order a part. We have laundry to do!
    I did manage an hour of cleaning this morning and the house is at least picked up. I think my other exercise for the day will be raking the leaves, if I don't need to take a nap instead. That should burn quite a few cals.
    I thought for sure I had lost some weight on our trip but the scale was back up to 155 this morning. Too much trail mix I guess. I haven't tried on my tight jeans yet so maybe they fit better.
    I need to get busy again, so I don't fall asleep.
    When it rains it pours boogaloo!
    MM
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Hi everyone,
    I have officially started again. Oh how I hate to have to say that, but I've gone from 160 to 196 in the space of a year and I feel like crap. Oh yeah the blood pressure is up too. My chiropractor said no high impact exercises so I went out and bought a dvd for walking inside, it is Leslie Sanson's Walk at Home and you can just walk in place to music which is just fine to start with. I just need to get going and I know I will be able to get back into the swing of it. But I wanted to say hi and hope to be able to post more than I used to.

Hi Mechanicmom, I had to pull my dryer apart last night as the liquid soap got spilled down the lint trap, oh what a mess that was but I had my daughters home and they did most of the work. At least it still works.

Hi Vivia, maybe I need a list to help with the food part of my diet. I used one once and it was a good motivator but mostly just finding someone to be accountable to was the biggest help. There was a thread where I used to go post every week and I so wanted to see the numbers go down and they did. It was more of a challenge to me that way.

Hi Mary, how are you doing? How are the kitties? I had to have the meds upped on my hperthyroid kitty and he gets checked again soon. I bought a corrugated scratching box for them yesterday and they are all having great fun with it.

I just wanted to say hi while I was online today! Boogaloo girls!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Aww, Melissa, sounds miserable, so sorry to hear. If you're having hives this long, you may need to evaluate your surroundings to find the culprit. Viv, if you haven't kicked your bug, that's probably the reason for the funk. You can't expect to have energy to exercise when you are working in overdrive to get healthy. Plus there's something about this time of the year. Even I am struggling and know I need to snap out of it, but can't seem to. So, Karen & Viv, you are not alone!!!

I brought running clothes to the office today so I have no excuse. Mary, I agree, It is GORGEOUS for November and I have to take advantage of it. I have had a killer headache the last 48 hours due to caffeine withdrawl. WHY do I LOVE mountain dew?????? Let me re-phrase.... why am I addicted? I swear it's like crack to me (not that I know, just a comparison) :laugh:

Goals for today, run for about 45 min, waters (to wash down the aleeve), prep for classes for remaider of week. :drinker:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    OK, so I had more time to ponder.

Keeping with Arianne's brilliant statement that I am "working in overdrive to get healthy" (thanks for that. . .I'm so good at telling myself I'm lazy when what I am is sick) I came up with three goals for the week, none of them exercise related. I think one of my big problems lately is I only give myself credit for reaching exercise goals, and I ignore other health-related accomplishments:

So, my super-healthy goals for the week are:

1. To have a fruit or vegetable at every meal. (I've been having way too many bread and cheese moments:tongue: )

2. No sweets until Sunday. (the term "addicted" may apply here. . .once I have a taste. . .I want more)

3. Set my alarm one half hour earlier than I wake up without it, in the hopes of gradually re-setting to morning exercise.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    V, I think those are really good goals to set for yourself right now. :flowerforyou: I should join you in the fruit/veggie goal. The dessert goal is going to be hard this week since my family is coming and we have Alex's party. I should try to do this one too since my weight loss apparently isn't happening.
    Arianne, I hope you shake your headache soon. Withdrawal headaches are no fun!
    Karen, good to see you again! I'm struggling with my weight loss still, so we're in the same boat together!
    I've been on this site for over two years. You ladies are the reason I am still here. This is pretty much the only thread I come to any more, unless another catches my eye. I am really glad that we are all still here. Let's continue to encourage each other in our journeys and continue to be a support system. :smooched:
    I am wondering if we need to have a bit of a challenge in the thread each week. Something we can work on together, or even individual ones. What do you all think?
    MM
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Melissa, I am joining you & Viv on the veggies & fruits. I realized I haven't eaten a salad in over a week (There are always sides of veggies at meals, but no fresh salads lately) and we just bought a big bag yesterday..... I know what I'm having for dinner! Thanks for the motivation/challenge.

I agree. We initially would set goals or challenges for the week, month, challenge period and now we've forgotten them.

So!
    By end of this week- 3 water bottles/day, lose 5lbs (binged this weekend so there's plenty there), eat at least 1 salad/day and 1 apple/day (my snack food lately)

What are yours!?!?!?! Winner's (everyone who achieves their goals by ?friday?) gets a star. Most stars by Thanksgiving gets to treat themselves to a forbidden item on Thanksgiving! The rest of us have to salivate in jealousy :laugh:
  • kjllose
    Options
    Goals for me: 8 glasses of water a day
    do my walking dvd daily except for Sunday
    a salad for lunch ( just bought all the fixings)

Three is enough to try doing at once. I will add as I get to the point where I do the three consistently.:bigsmile:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi all! It's nice to see more people posting. MM, glad you had fun camping. V, glad you are feeling better - but I agree that you shouldn't push it. The fruit/veggie challenge is a good idea.

I've still been setting goals most weeks - although I think I forgot to post them last week. Anyway, I did really well with having only one dessert last week. I saved up and had a cupcake on Friday night - it was really good. It even had cream filling. :love: Unfortunately, I ended up going to a friend's get-together on Saturday, and what did they have? TONS of mini cupcakes!! But I held off and stuck with my one dessert for the week. I was really proud of myself (and my husband helped by assuring me that the cupcakes we had Friday night were better - what a guy! :happy:)

I have to decide what to do about tomorrow, though... my co-worker is bringing donuts and I know he is going to expect me to have one. But I think I would rather have something else for my dessert this week... if I skip breakfast, does the donut still count? Ugh. I'll just have to say no, or not do anything else this week - I wanted to get through at least 4 weeks of just one dessert. I think this is week 3 (though the first week didn't quite go as planned).

Anyway, here are my goals for the week:
    Pushups 3x
    Water (my big bottle 2x/day)
    Running 1x
    Other Cardio 2x
    Belly dance 1x
    Dessert 1x only!

I am also going to try and get to bed earlier, but I won't make a goal until next week - this week, I will work on starting to get ready for bed before 11. So - pushups and then getting ready for bed!

Goodnight novella, boogaloo!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    CP, you are really doing awesome with - well, everything! I can't pass up sweets like you can. Or I should say I won't. lol. Don't waste your dessert on a donut. It's not worth it. :wink:
    Feeling a little frustrated with my diet right now. Money is really tight so I am not able to eat as healthy as I want to. The meals for the last part of the week and next week are really going to have to stretch, which for me, means more pasta, rice, etc which means more carbs. I guess I need to focus on working out for about an hour or more everyday to counteract the eating. We're running low on food this week so starting Friday I will try to have a fruit and veggie each meal.
    So today is:
    tumbling class
    walk/roller blading
    finish cleaning up leaves
    more house cleaning (because it now looks like I did nothing yesterday)
    fix the dryer and start laundry
    limit the time I sit on my butt. :laugh:

Sitting less boogaloo!
    MM
  • kjllose
    Options
    Hi I realized I didn't state a weight loss goal in my entry so I will try for 2 lbs in one week but would be happy with 1 lb.

CP I envy your willpower with desserts since I crave sugar lately. Your weight loss has been amazing.

I know it will take time to lose what I want to but I have my daughters wedding next September that I would like to look awesome at so I have something to keep me upbeat about losing.

Everyone have a nice day, I am going to go do my walking dvd.:bigsmile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Karen! My kitty is still the same. Had a big issue (tube feeding) with another in September, but she's all better now.

CP - I would take the doughnut back to my cube and throw it in the trash. Say you dropped it, if anyone questions you. I hate it when people expect me to eat desserts - it's my idea plenty of times :wink:

So in order to keep me on my dessert track, I will announce what desserts I had - with the goal of one (or zero) a week.

My other goals are:
    yoga 6x a week
    cardio 7x a week
    8 or more fruits and veggies a day
    ride 25 miles or more a week on the bike, running errands (so places I would have taken the car)

oddly, those are all easy for me, though I just increased the yoga from 5 to 6 times a week - the desserts are really challenging though (especially with that much exercise "I deserve it" and the like). My real challenge is to know when to stop eating (and to lose weight, but that will come, eventually...sigh). I work on that in a couple of months.

Oh, so yesterday: 14 miles of errands & yoga - no dessert. Though I had a discussion with husband about whether creme fraiche and strawberries counted as dessert or snack (since it's not that sweet) - he said if it was after dinner it counted as dessert :noway: I tried it on two strawberries, decided it wasn't fantastic, and just had strawberries.

Today: walk in the park & maybe yoga (not sure, have a semi-sore hamstring)

New goals, boogaloo!
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Isn't odd how we all joined in late 2007? - I just noticed that.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Successfully woke up with the alarm this a.m. My problem today, is I feel sick all over again. I'm thinking of going back to the doctor, and asking him why he thinks I've had a cold/flu most of the time since July. It's so frustrating, as I feel I'm doing everything "right" (whatever that means) to take care of my health.

On a positive note, I managed to eat a fruit or veg with every meal yesterday, and when I wanted a snack I went and bought some vegetarian soup to keep on hand.

My husband bought a bar of dark chocolate, and I ate a square of it (but only one tiny square, so I felt like I had control over the situation:tongue: )

I'm really missing my workouts. I may try a walk later (to soak up some valuable sunshine, which will soon be in even shorter supply).

Taking care boogaloo!:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Donuts successfully avoided! MM, thanks for the encouragement - I saw it before I left for work, so I was thinking of it this morning on the way to my meeting. And thanks to everybody else - this thread is really the only reason I come to MFP anymore. :smooched: You all rock.

I did a bunch of raking yesterday in lieu of a workout (along with pushups), but just realized that it doesn't really count as cardio - so I will have to make sure I get a weekend (Fri-Sun) workout in order to meet my goals for the week. But that's a good idea in any case.

Good job with the fruit/veg, V - I hope you feel better again soon. Mary, your goals are impressive! Though I disagree that after dinner automatically makes it dessert. Karen, congrats on your daughter's engagement.

Donuts aren't that great, boogaloo! :tongue:
  • kjllose
    Options
    YES! Another successful exercise session! I have to pysche myself up for them but I feel better after I get them done. Vivia I hope you feel better soon, if I felt that bad for so long I would be at the doctor's too. CP congrats on dissing the donuts, and yeah Mary it is kind of weird we all joined around the same time but I like coming to this thread, it makes me feel good.I read a few others but I only post here usually. Mary I would have to work up to the kind of workouts you do. That sounds like alot but I have been dormant for awhile so maybe after I get back into exercising it won't seem like so much. I think I will try the dessert challenge. I won't have a dessert for a week too and see how hard it will be.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is bragging or a confession. . .I just did a JM DVD (shape up front, ftr)

I figured I could be sick and depressed because I wasn't exercising, or just sick. I chose just sick. It was really hard, and I had to take a lot of breaks.

I also did it as an experiment to see if I was ready for the gym. There was so much coughing/hacking that I discovered I'm not. In the city right now, you can practically start a riot if you cough or sneeze.:laugh:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I'm not bragging...I'm confessing. Today is a really bad carb day. That's all I have to say. That, and I need to go to the store so I will eat better. Can't do that till Thursday. Lots of exercise today.
    Oh and I was on the roller blades for 20 minutes!

MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    V- have you ever gone through allergy testing?
  • kjllose
    Options
    YEA VIVIA! You still did it even if you needed breaks! As for the coughing all I can say is honey lemon tea! Maybe a shot of jack daniels to numb the throat, lol. The school I work for( darn I don't work for them anymore, I can't get used to that. We work for a bus company now) has installed hand sanitizers beside the doors to every room, its almost like being in a hospital. I now carry a can of Lysol spray in my bus and I spray it down every time a kid is out sick. This is on my own, not thru the company either. I just don't want to get H1N1 and no vaccines available. The private school in town has had 3 confirmed cases but I'm not hearing anything about our school and I'm sure they aren't advertising whether we have any cases. I can't imagine what the city is like, this is just a little rural school. Vermont has had 5 schools close down for it so far. I'm sure we will all be hit sooner or later, I just hope we don't lose anyone.

MM if it makes you feel better I couldn't resist a bag of potato chips this afternoon. Now I have to do that d**n walking dvd again.

See you tomorrow, have to go figure out how to make a healthy taco night:ohwell: