Green tea?

Options
bobbiedr
bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
Ok, so I know green tea has it's benefits, but what are they?

Also, is it better to drink it in the AM or PM?

Replies

• HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The main one I know of is that it's high in anti-oxidants. I drink a cup in the morning, but that's it, can't say i've noticed any effects from it but maybe i'm not drinking enough.
  • tscagg
    tscagg Posts: 11
    Options
    It helps to curb your appetite too! I drink it through out the day and also take green tea supplement. It does help me!
  • jst4gp
    jst4gp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Google green tea benefits on WebMD. It tells you everything, except maybe the best time to drink it. If it's caffiene you're concerned about in the evening time, I drink Arizona Diet-Decaf Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey. It has a black label. It is scarce in my area, but Walgreens here (Virginia Beach, VA) always has plenty of it. Hope this helps! Good luck with your weight loss goals!
  • nikki228
    nikki228 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been told by a trainer in the UK to drink 3 - 5 cups a day to benefit from Green Tea. I don't think it matters when you drink it but I guess caffeine free would be the best option.
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Google green tea benefits on WebMD. It tells you everything, except maybe the best time to drink it. If it's caffiene you're concerned about in the evening time, I drink Arizona Diet-Decaf Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey. It has a black label. It is scarce in my area, but Walgreens here (Virginia Beach, VA) always has plenty of it. Hope this helps! Good luck with your weight loss goals!

If your Walgreens has it, then mine should too. I live in Norfolk, VA. :)
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    Walgreens has it here (the AZ decaf diet green tea with ginseng) but it sells out fast. It's about all I drink besides my protein shakes. I don't know if it helps or not, but I really like it so ....
  • NajahDaMuslimah
    Options
    I love the 100% Natural Green Tea Citrus...
  • Pfeiffer24
    Pfeiffer24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If you make green tea yourself you can choose caffinated for am and no caffine for pm. Add a lil honey (a few calories) or plain ( 0 calories, aquired taste)
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love drinking my green tea!! I drink it every day and have for years. It is high in antioxidants, like someone already mentioned, and can help boost your immune system. Some say it increases your metabolism, but I have never noticed that. I sometimes drink it as a hot tea in the mornings, but mostly I just like to drop a couple of tea bags into my 24 oz water bottle and leave them there for about half the day. I just refill my bottle with ice and water as I run low and keep the tea bags in there. The tea will be strong in the beginning, but will be more diluted the more times I refill. Green tea helps me with some energy, and I just like the taste of it. I do not use any sweetners, but of course you could use honey or stevia if you wanted. I try not to drink it past late afternoon or it tends to keep me awake. You could always get decaf if you wanted it at night.
  • PirateGash
    Options
    I drink 2 to 3 cups a day.