Coming from Weight Watchers!

Options
Sahri21
Sahri21 Posts: 21 Member
For the past 6 months I have been on Weight Watchers. I have only lost 25 pounds. That is a weight loss of only .8 pounds a week. I don't find this acceptable as I have 60 more pounds to go to goal. So, while I like the ease of the system it is not working for me how I think it should even though I've followed it closely and I have decided to switch how I lose weight.

I am 26 almost 27 years old.

I have been overweight since junior high.

I am female.

I am 5'8"

The heaviest I have been was 242. I started in January at 235. I am now 209.6.

My goal is 150 and I want to be there in less than a year because my original goal was a year and with 6 months left I just don't know if that will happen as that is more than two pounds a week.

I like to blog, so hello and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone out there.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. :drinker:
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    .8 lbs a week is actually pretty good. But if you can sustain a bigger loss and you won't feel too deprive and wanting to give up then do it :) I have 60 to go and believe in exercising and eating well. Add me if you like
    I hope you succeed reaching your goal!!
    HC
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I used to do Weight Watchers myself. Welcome. :)
  • babylove1951
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck!!!
  • richellekramer
    Options
    I did weight watchers too, and lost about 70 lbs over the course of a year. But, I didn't really learn to eat better because I had trouble converting the points system to actual calories with a focus on protein. I like using this system much better. Good luck and welcome!
  • rychma
    rychma Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also came from Weight Watchers and decided this was a better tool for me. I am 5' 9" and the heaviest I have ever been (besides being pregnant) is around 198. Feel free to add me if you need some support!

Good luck on your journey!
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I also used to do WW and lost 15 lbs in about 3.5 months. Since joining MFP I have dropped 18 in less than 2 months. I log everything that goes into my mouth. They tell you at WW not to count fruits and veggies...maybe that's the problem ?? Anyhoo...good luck to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • djeff41
    djeff41 Posts: 28
    Options
    Actually .8 pounds a week is something to be VERY proud of! Congratulations on the weight loss. I think you are doing great.
  • bsummers2
    bsummers2 Posts: 6
    Options
    I too came from WW. I did lose 50 lbs with them, but when I stopped logging in and gained back 15, I thought I would try this site. It seems to work about the same, but instead of counting points, you count calories.
  • MsBigEyes
    MsBigEyes Posts: 2
    Options
    I just recently cancelled my weight watchers online subsription too. I have lost about 30 lbs on the plan before so i think it works, its just that I think I can pretty much follow the principles of the plan on my own without having to pay a monthly fee. Plus I can relate and interact with the people on MFP much better than I ever did with people on the WW message boards or even in the meetings. Congrats on your weight loss thus far, I think you are doing great. Losing 1lb a week is much better then gainling 1lb a week!
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all these comments. I could never get the hang of converting points to calories and the macro micro nutrients.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    MikeDaMotivator Posts: 1,144
    Options
    You can do it!!! God luck and welcome!
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I too came here from weight watchers where i gained 5lbs! I started mfp at 159lb and am aiming for 125-130lb. Im currently 148 and down a dress size so heading in the right direction!

Good luck on your weight loss. Feel free to add me. Im on everyday and always comment on my friends status and progress. ;-)
  • cvance3
    cvance3 Posts: 64
    Options
    I did WW last year - right at the conversion to Points+. I did loose about 12lbs, but after my buddy got married, she "lost motivation" to keep going. I tried to keep it up on my own, but wasn't very successful. I don't think that I really learned how to eat better there b/c fruits were "free" even though they are chocked full of sugars.

Welcome to MFP and congrats on your previous success - here's to many more!!!
  • neveradullmoment
    Options
    I to had also done WW. I got tired of paying for a weight loss program and I found that the support on MFP was way better! Before I cancelled my WW account I took a week and logged everything that I ate on both WW and MFP and found that the points on WW and the calories on MFP were the same! So I cancelled my WW account and am following MFP and I am feeling great!!

Good luck to you and feel free to add me!

:flowerforyou:
  • LisAllum
    LisAllum Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi and welcome from another newb to the site! Good luck! x
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I have friends who also attempted WW and was not successful. Good Luck in your journey to make great lifestyle changes.
  • xiaxiong09
    xiaxiong09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just started myself about a month ago!! I heard about the site from my doctor and decided to try it out! I like to blog as well but don't like to weigh myself until i know for a fact I have made significant progress!! Good luck everyone!
  • nikkia65forlife
    nikkia65forlife Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I did WW in the past and still implement some of the things i learned from the program. Congrats on your weight loss!! I recently tried another program that has changed my view of food entirely along with reseting my metabolism. I lost 33 pounds in less than 4 months. (December 2011- March 2012) I recently started the program again and am looking forward to being down at least another 20 pounds by mid - July.
  • abede24
    abede24 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I lost 25 on WW but gained almost all of it back when I stopped.:( This seems much easier actually. I am moving soon and getting married in the next year that's a big motivator. Really the basic issue is my pants don't fit anymore, well the new bigger ones do. Yikes. Here's to fitting into my own pants again! Good luck Everyone.