Need Advice ...

Options
I know there is alot of knowledgable people on here and i am confused about how many calories i should be eating. I would love for someone to look at my food diary and let me know where i can improve. I know its not perfect but I think its pretty good. I am stuck and can't seem to get past 162. The first 10 lbs i lost with only diet and no excerise but now that I am exercising, my weight loss has slowed down alot and i am get discouraged. I am 30 years old, 5'4 and 162lbs, I have been doing P90X four days a week and running/walking. Let me know what you think....

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I think you need to eat more, my friend! Your diet looks pretty good! If it were me, I'd bump calories up to about maybe 1500 a day, but and stop going below 1200!!! PX90 is pretty hard core, and it looks like your burning lots of calories. You want a calorie deficit but not at the cost of going so low.
  • tko831
    tko831 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the help, i thought that might be it but I just wasen't sure how many calories to go up to.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I can just tell you what I did....I was at 1200 for about four months and noticed a plateau. I bumped to about 1500, I never go below 1300 now, and I'm back on track, steadily losing.

I opted to go for a small bump in calories and just see how it went rather than a huge bump that is often suggested in the Eat to Lose groups.