Hey Im Casey

Options
I started using my fitness pal a little over a month ago and i gotta say i love it and love the people. :) I'm 5 10' 293lbs and my goal is 200lbs. I look good at 230lbs because of my height but i wanna make 200. My inspiration is my 5 month old son Elijah :) I was never supposed to have kids and BAM got pregnant, you know how that goes :D But anyways... has anyone else always been a fat kid? Im 24 and have always been big. Not just in height but in weight too. My hips are like a 4 star hotel room especially after having my son :D My weight skyrocketed when I was 15 and got thrown outta windshield, and became immobile for a year and a half. After all my injuries healed I was able to lose the weight and keep it off till 09' when i got sick and had major surgery. But my battle with my weight continues and I welcome anyone to join me on this journey :)

Dearest Reguards,

Casey

Replies

• Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    First of all, it's nice to meet a walking MIRACLE!!! Then to know the MIRACLE had a MIRACLE, well I'm just glad you are part of #teamfit!

You are in the right place. I don't have wide hips but my donkey is well buying the farm!:laugh: LOL Anyway, so pleased to meet you and glad you added me as your friend. Now, let's DO IT!:smile:
  • stacy_7171
    stacy_7171 Posts: 21
    Options
    Casey,

Welcome, and congrats on your precious Elijah. I have never been an overweight child, but I have spent most of my adult years overweight (I'm 40 now). In fact, I was an underweight child and got spoiled by being able to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and never gained any weight. No foods were off limits....unitl I became an adult. Growing up stinks sometimes!

Illness and injuries can definitely contribute to weight gain. I have a back injury, a shoulder injury, and an underactive thyroid I'm dealing with, for now. Oh, and I take 2 meds that cause weight gain. This has definitely caused me to gain more weight than I already had. But, if people can run competitively with titanium legs, then I guess I can overcome my little quirks, too.

I think you have a fighter's spirit, based on all that you've overcome. This is going to serve you well in your weight loss journey. Good luck to you.

~Stacy
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Welcome Casey,

I so agree with Vonnie you are a miracle. I was never a small child, then at the age of 21 my weight ballooned up, turned out I had a brain tumor that threw my hormones and everything out of whack. At my heaviest I was 320lbs, and currently working on my path down to about 140-150 (5'2" on a good day)

I am happy to have you as part of my MFP family - we can do this, because it is hard as heck to do it alone!

Nicole
  • meliann07
    meliann07 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm looking forward to encouraging you on your journey and joining you as well! You can do this! :)
  • sharisuethompson
    Options
    Casey I was a overweight Child ever since I can remember ... I am only 5 foot 4 and have never been over 200 Lbs ..but always carried my weight in the top half mostly tummy.. You are lucky to be hippy in a way as an Apple shape and carrying extra weight I had a Heart Attack at 47 I am now 48 and struggleing with the same 30 Lbs. We are on each others friends list and I hope to be a big support to you.. We can do this :)