best time to workout?

Options
I have been working out at night arounf 9 to even 10:30pm because that seems to be the only time I have to do it. I work during the day and have kids and household things to get in order. Im happy that I still work out but when I do it gives me" runners high" and I cant settle down to go to bed and when I get up to get ready to work I dont feel rested because I have not had a good night sleep. Is there a time of day you workout?

Replies

• gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I usually workout around 11 or midnight, sometimes around 7. I like the late workouts because the gym is empty and on the other hand going at 7 helps me sleep a lot earlier...
  • thenataliej
    thenataliej Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If I don't get it done early I don't get it done, so mornings for me.
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have to do mine in the AM, i get up at 6:30 every day to get it in or I won't. Life ends up getting in the way lol, but it's great for me because then I have time to pack my lunch and snacks for the day etc. and I am not running around late for work.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    If I don't get it done early I don't get it done, so mornings for me.

Same for me.
  • AmyS79
    AmyS79 Posts: 65
    Options
    I do like working out later because my work is done and my kids have calmed down or went to bed and I get to turn on my kindle and watch netflix as I workout its like me time. After im done I get this huge engery and I cant seem to settle down to sleep.