I am new and need support

Options
Hello,

I have been overweight since I was in junior high. I have been through the weight loss and gain cycle ever since. I have a lot of food allergies that make it difficult for food choices. It only has been 4 weeks and I have lost some weight but I am having trouble the last week staying at my calorie goal without being hungry. I eat a lot off fruits & vegetables and have cut out bad carbs and eat whole grains at breakfast and lunch but try not too at dinner because I am not very active in the evening. I have started working out 3 times a week but I still go over my calories like by 300-400, daily. I could really use some tips.

Tired of being unable to do the simple things in life.

Replies

• sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Hello. Welcome. Lots of support here! Feel free to add me and ask any ?'s you'd like!
  • Just_Dianne
    Just_Dianne Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ask me anything, I have been at this since January and have had great success! I find when I want to grab something unhealthy to eat, I go for a walk instead! It's been working for me so far!

14292705.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • angelpie36426
    angelpie36426 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    HI! Add me too! I have a small group and I do my best to support each and everyone.
  • MrsRando
    MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I understand how hard it can be to stay under your calories goal. I was able to lose 22lbs last year just by diet and exercise but then I fell off the wagon. Feel free to add me and we can support each other.
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    welcome feel free to add me
  • danimal5867
    danimal5867 Posts: 390
    Options
    The easiest way to keep from exceeding your calorie limit is exercise. Go for a walk, ride a bike, get on an elliptical, anything that will get your heart rate up for awhile. When you log this exercise on MFP, it will increase the calories you are allowed for that day.
  • spitfireIX
    Options
    Welcome. I am sure that you will figure it out. Try walking in the early afternoon to help offset the calories that you eat in the evening.
  • Karenkimberly
    Karenkimberly Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    welcome to the MFP family. Ive been on here for about a month and a half. There is tons of support here, even when you dont want it!! Feel free to add me.
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I will help you as much as I can. The whole calorie thing is a mystery though. It looks like I am over by a couple of hundred but my net calories are only 850 or something like that. I should really eat more.
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    welcome.

don't worry about cutting back certain times of the day because you aren't active during those times, it doesn't work that way. it sounds like you are making a good start, cutting "bad" (although i'm not anti-carb, i do tend to shy away from processed white flours, rices, etc) carbs and filling up on fruit and veggies. work on making your calories healthy and cutting them down definately - while 400 cals over doesn't seem like much, that is a pound gained every ~9 days.

keep on working out and watch what you eat - it's a process and many times it goes up and down, but if you keep at it, you WILL get the hang of it and you'll develop the habits you need.

good luck!
  • PrincessShay135
    Options
    Welcome and add me as a friend. For me bored and hungry get confusing so I try to remind myself to drink a bottle of water then evaluate whether or not I want to eat. For me low calorie alone does not work, I have to go super low carb too. I tried South Beach with minimal success, Atkins works best for me. I would recommend exploring low carb to see if it might be right for you.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Here to give support. Feel free to add me.-)
  • lukky98
    lukky98 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi my name is kris. add me we will support each other. i was doing great and then i needed surgery and now have to start all over.
  • Nelliebird1430
    Options
    Hi there! You can add me too!! I too have struggled since after highschool to get this weight off... Some days are better than others, but I agree with the posts about trying to get in exercise even if it's a 10-20 minute walk, it allows you to eat more, and will help you lose weight in the end. I would have never believed how this site can help motivate and keep you on track until I signed up... All these people have seriously changed things for me! There is a common goal here, and that's to support, encourage, and push each other to our individual goals! You did yourself a favor by signing up, add all the people that said to add them, and just watch how everyone will transform you. Good Luck, and WELCOME! :):flowerforyou:
  • Healthy_Melva
    Healthy_Melva Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I couldn't stay on my calorie limit without a little exercise. I started out walking very slowly for about 10 minutes a day and very slowly worked up to long and brisker walks. But I'm still in the baby stages of it all. I've also been on the up and down cycle, so completely understand.
  • cyn1010
    cyn1010 Posts: 5
    Options
    Weight loss has been a life long struggle for me as well. There are many helpful people on here and I find both receiving and giving encouragement helps me keep on track. Feel free to add me and we can support each other!
  • MonicaWalls
    MonicaWalls Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have food allergies also which makes things difficult. I would love to have you as a friend on here. Also I have a motivational group for health/fitness on facebook that I would love for you to join www.facebook.com/monica.walls3
  • 3appleshi
    3appleshi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am also new and am looking for support! Please feel free to add me to your list.......
  • amillerbutta
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me ~!!!
  • Michelle81285
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I think it is best to have as much support and opinions as possible!