30 lbs gone, half way there! (pics)

Options
jfrankic
jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
I'm a little nervous about posting progress photos, but mfp seems to be an uplifting and encouraging environment. Especially this board. So here goes.....

I am finally half way to my goal weight. As of this morning, I have lost 30 pounds since February (taking the month of May off and gaining a few back). I am 5'8 and have always had a bigger, athletic build, even at my healthy weight. I've had two babies and am tired of carrying around baby weight! I'm on my phone, so I hope the pics will show up okay.

A few disclaimers. The first pix is after I had my daughter a few years ago. I was the same weight when I started this journey after having my son, but I avoided all cameras. I hope the pix isn't tiny! The second one was taken this year and I did NOT want to do this photo shoot. I think I had actually lost a few pounds already when this was taken.

temporary-20.jpg
temporary-21.jpg

Now, these were taken this morning. I just can't seem to master the self cell phone photograph. Any pointers???? Anyway, I still have 28 to lose. FYI -- I'm getting FIT FOR JESUS!!
WP_000620.jpg
WP_000619.jpg

Thanks for checking out my progress. I hope this inspires someone. And thanks for any encouraging words!!

Replies

• tngfordisney
    tngfordisney Posts: 115
    Options
    You can really see it in your face. Good job.
  • KristenCassandra
    KristenCassandra Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great work, you look great!! You're gorgeous!
  • 1059alexandra
    Options
    You look fantastic!!
  • rklong
    rklong Posts: 2
    Options
    Good job!!! Keep it up! I enjoy reading other peoples progress! I have waited 23 years after my youngest to get to where I feel like I am in control of my eating habits. It has to be a lifestyle change for me not a DIET!!! I am down 50 lbs. with 50 more to go.
    I am glad that you have come to that point of losing weight before I did! I now have 2 grandbabies and I love the fact that I have more engergy to do things with them! I am sure that you find that with your own kids.Kids are such a blessing and they grow uo so fast! It is so important to make the most of the time you havewith them.
  • jfrankic
    Options
    Good job!!! Keep it up! I enjoy reading other peoples progress! I have waited 23 years after my youngest to get to where I feel like I am in control of my eating habits. It has to be a lifestyle change for me not a DIET!!! I am down 50 lbs. with 50 more to go.
    I am glad that you have come to that point of losing weight before I did! I now have 2 grandbabies and I love the fact that I have more engergy to do things with them! I am sure that you find that with your own kids.Kids are such a blessing and they grow uo so fast! It is so important to make the most of the time you havewith them.

Thanks to all of the responses! Congrats on your new lifestyle. I know your children and grandchildren are proud of you. Yes, my children are incredible. I want to be a healthy example for them. Especially my daughter. Being a girl is hard enough, but I never want her to struggle with bad habits or body image issues that my attitude and/or lifestyle have taught her. Being a healthy family together is awesome! We run and jump and play and "mouse-xercise" together!!
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see it in yor face...great work and keep it up.
  • Astephens1984
    Astephens1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!
  • ewhitehurst1
    ewhitehurst1 Posts: 178
    Options
    Lookin good! Congrats on the half way mark!
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Thank you for the inspiration!! Keep it up :)
  • kinghavok
    kinghavok Posts: 104
    Options
    Great job you knocked it out of the park!
  • AstridParties
    AstridParties Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Love your story...you look great, but the best thing I love about your story is when you said you're getting fit for Jesus...that did it for me, thanks for the encouragement and keep up the amazing work!!!
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    Wow! Great job!!
  • JLOMALDONADO
    Options
    wow, good job. You can really tell the difference
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • stacy_7171
    stacy_7171 Posts: 21
    Options
    You look fabulous! Great, great job!

(Oh, I like that you're getting fit for Jesus.)
  • pinkcycleist
    Options
    Wow way to go your doing really good!
  • tdockery71
    tdockery71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day ever on MFP! I hope it works for me like it has you! You look absolutely fabulous!!! Congrats!!
  • LelaYang
    LelaYang Posts: 43
    Options
    awesome job!!! heyyyy how did you upload pics on this forum?
  • jfrankic
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This will give me the push to the finish and lose the remaining 28 by October 7!!

Post pix by typing.....
    paste link to photo from a site like photo bucket. The IMG should be lower case.

I was heading to the gym one day and my husband said "remember babe, everything we do is for Jesus." The lightbulb went off. I can do nothing by myself. I'm not getting fit to look better and I'm not doing this for anyone else. I'm doing it to honor HIM through my body.
  • tanban01
    tanban01 Posts: 1
    Options
    You look great! Was it just the 1200 calorie diet or did you include exercise as well?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!