10 lbs by July 1???

Options
I'm so upset!!! I weighed my self and somehow I've gained 10 lbs.....I do know how I gained it I just HAVE TO lose it and continue to lose.......I've got to buckle down and get moving again.....I'm not going to weigh again until July 1st so I have 11 ish days to lose the 10 lbs I gained.....Am I crazy to think I can? Please just give me support don't bash me......I have a plan that got me down 60lbs last summer that I'm going to do rain/sunshine whatever.

Replies

• hollyrenee1990
    hollyrenee1990 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You could lose the 10 pounds fast but i doubt it would stay off in the long run.... Slow and steady is better! Give youself some time! (:
  • hollyrenee1990
    hollyrenee1990 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Also me & some of the girls im friends with on here are aiming to lose 10 pounds by july 20th... that gives you a month. add me if you would like to join me.
  • steveinct
    steveinct Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You can probably lose 10, especially if you are retaining water though inflammation. You won't lose 10 pounds of fat in 11 days so you might just want to adjust how you are looking at this. I would suggest eliminating wheat and dairy for the 11 days and ensure you are drinking a lot of water even though that seems counter-intuitive for losing water weight. Your body will hold water if you are dehydrated. You will probably drop many pounds over the course of the 11 days just from this. After you hit July 1, put back in dairy for a week to see if it causes you to retain water. After a week of that add back in wheat and monitor for another week. I did this and found as little as one slice of bread will make me retain about 2 pounds of water. It is crazy.
  • steveinct
    steveinct Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    In your friend request, you asked about Soy. No, that is not the same thing. They call it "milk" but it isn't. That is not to say you don't have issues with it because it is in the top 20 of common food allergies. If you don't consume dairy (cheese, milk, ice cream, etc) then start with wheat and see if that helps. If you want to go crazy, you can use this list and start at the top eliminate a few items to see if you have an intolerance.

The top 20:

Cow’s Milk
    Wheat gluten (gliadin)
    Gluten (in wheat, oats, rye and barley)
    Yeast
    Egg Whites
    Cashew nuts
    Egg Yolk
    Garlic
    Soya beans
    Brazil nuts
    Almonds
    Corn
    Hazelnuts
    Oats
    Lentils
    Kiwi fruit
    chilli peppers
    Sesame seeds
    Sunflower seeds
    Peanuts
  • cookiefluff
    cookiefluff Posts: 115
    Options
    10lbs in a week and a half... :/
    I don't recommend you do that, you could maybe lose about 3/4pounds healthily
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and eat lots of veggies.

That being said, don't set your goals too large. You want them to be attainable so that you will continue to feel positive.

Not to mention, the faster you lose the weight the faster you will put it back...so slow and steady my friend! You don't want to shock that body...it needs to be a gradual thing so you keep it off for the long term.
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity what was your plan that got you down 60lbs last summer?
    And did you maintain the loss?

As for your original question, I hope you aren't beating yourself up over a missed goal. I know it's discouraging, dust yourself off and keep going but you've gotta be realistic.
  • dmariebouie
    Options
    Thanks for this advice. I was trying to figure out why I wasn't losing weight and realized that although a couple slices of monkey bread didn't take me over my calorie limit, it did add water weight. Now I know even a little bit can hurt my progress.
  • JenniLisette
    JenniLisette Posts: 132
    Options
    You can probably lose 10, especially if you are retaining water though inflammation. You won't lose 10 pounds of fat in 11 days so you might just want to adjust how you are looking at this. I would suggest eliminating wheat and dairy for the 11 days and ensure you are drinking a lot of water even though that seems counter-intuitive for losing water weight. Your body will hold water if you are dehydrated. You will probably drop many pounds over the course of the 11 days just from this. After you hit July 1, put back in dairy for a week to see if it causes you to retain water. After a week of that add back in wheat and monitor for another week. I did this and found as little as one slice of bread will make me retain about 2 pounds of water. It is crazy.

^^^ THIS, i dropped 8 lbs in 20 days, but i cut out salt and breads (rice, cereal, etc..), only drank water, and did cardio everyday for 30-40 minutes, weights every other day....didnt put it back on and slowly incorporated other foods again afterwards.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    10 lbs is A LOT! I agree with the guy above. Def use water to flush everything out and out with the gluten. Gluten for me causes inflammation, and my belly is swollen. So I'd def try not having bread at least. If you like carbs - buy gluten free bread, has the texture and taste and your bod won't be as inflamed. Water, water, veggies and fruit!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not a linear straight line down, remember. How is your logging? Are you eating clean? Any cheat days? Can't see your diary but if you're consistently in a calorie deficit you should see results.
  • dmariebouie
    Options
    You CAN lose the weight. Just don't give up or quit. Set your mind to the goal and strive every day to do whatever it takes THAT DAY to achieve your goal. Also, try eating foods that come up from the earth and cut back on processed foods. Natural foods will help you rid your body of water weight; you'll feel more energetic; and your system will cleanse itself of toxins introduced by processed foods.
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    One mistake that a lot of people seem to make on here (probably me included!) is overestimating calories burned.
    Do not base your eating on what MFP says you burned during such-and-such activity. Unless you're wearing a Heart Monitor, the estimations are usually way off.

If you're not eating back exercise calories, however, this is probably irrelevant.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    10 lbs in 11 days is almost a 3500 calorie deficit per day. That means eating 3500 cals below what your body needs to sustain its daily functions. You will probably lose a few lbs by just watching your sodium intake and drinking plenty of water. You are not going to be able to eat at a 3500 cal deficit per day and be able to sustain any sort of healthy workout routine without burning out completely.

Learn to do it slow and steady and make this a lifestyle change. You'll be much happier with the results in the end.
  • rachelbina
    rachelbina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Dr Furhman's seven day crash diet (doctor oz approved) says you'll lose 10 pounds in seven days.i haven't done it specifically, but have incorporated a lot into my life. reading over it, it does appear to be a very healthy way to lose weight quickly and be healthy. nothing too crazy, fruits, vegetables, beans, etc. search it on here on just on line for success stories. good luck!!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    If you lost 60lbs fast and now you're gaining 10lbs fast you might be on that forever doomed-to-fail rollercoaster diet mentality.

Consider trying to make some gentler, more sustainable, long-term changes instead. Eating moderately around 15% less than your TDEE, eating more veg and fruit and avoiding packaged and processed, sodium-filled foods etc... if you introduce these changes one at a time over the course of say, a year, you'll have a much easier time maintaining the weight loss.

Remember, if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Dr Furhman's seven day crash diet (doctor oz approved) says you'll lose 10 pounds in seven days.i haven't done it specifically, but have incorporated a lot into my life. reading over it, it does appear to be a very healthy way to lose weight quickly and be healthy. nothing too crazy, fruits, vegetables, beans, etc. search it on here on just on line for success stories. good luck!!

Red flags: seven day crash diet, Dr. Oz approved, lose 10 pounds in seven days, it does appear to be a very healthy way to lose weight quickly...

There is no "quick" way to lose weight healthily. It takes some work and some time. No ways to get around it and be sustainable. Sorry.
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If you lost 60lbs fast and now you're gaining 10lbs fast you might be on that forever doomed-to-fail rollercoaster diet mentality.

Consider trying to make some gentler, more sustainable, long-term changes instead. Eating moderately around 15% less than your TDEE, eating more veg and fruit and avoiding packaged and processed, sodium-filled foods etc... if you introduce these changes one at a time over the course of say, a year, you'll have a much easier time maintaining the weight loss.

Remember, if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.

This is soooooo true!
  • monkeyriley
    monkeyriley Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I stumbled across this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/635529-corn-used-my-man-parts-as-a-speedbag

I think it sums up everything about quick fixes vs. sustainable change. It is awesome to read the comments from others.
  • amberfarmer99
    amberfarmer99 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Malanie, I believe in you. I think you are a stong woman, & you have a wonderful support system in place. Please remember that every victory is a victory. Are you sleeping well, you need enough sleep to keep your body working. Drink plenty of water. Also, we can get together and go to the park. We can walk around the playground for 30 minutes while the kids play. I can pick you up anytime you want (I have a minivan so there would be plenty of room for all our kids). It is a idea, I'll do what I can to help support you. (Also, we could go to the park early like 8:30 or 9:00 before it gets hot, the kids could burn some energy, and we could burn some calories).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!