How do I get back on track??

Options
I have gained back 3.8lbs of my weight loss - I can't seem to get back into the grove.
If I every needed my MFP support, it's now - help me get motivated before I go completely insane....
THanks
Patricia

Replies

• weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have gained back 3.8lbs of my weight loss - I can't seem to get back into the grove.
    If I every needed my MFP support, it's now - help me get motivated before I go completely insane....
    THanks
    Patricia
  • hargrove
    hargrove Posts: 4
    Options
    Patricia, read through the reasons you posted on your summary on why you are doing this. Also, reflect on the weeks you have kept track of. Your progress has been remarkable so hold on to that for motivation. I encourage you to think about why you have had a rough few days w/ the weight gain...is there something going on in your life that may be driving you to the pantry? Are you getting ready to start your monthly cycle? Really try to figure out the cause and then re-focus. You are doing an awesome job! Don't give up...you will feel so great once you hit your goal!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Patricia, read through the reasons you posted on your summary on why you are doing this. Also, reflect on the weeks you have kept track of. Your progress has been remarkable so hold on to that for motivation. I encourage you to think about why you have had a rough few days w/ the weight gain...is there something going on in your life that may be driving you to the pantry? Are you getting ready to start your monthly cycle? Really try to figure out the cause and then re-focus. You are doing an awesome job! Don't give up...you will feel so great once you hit your goal!

Perfectly said hargrove. Ditto to that:heart:
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    Because you're worth it! Think about how you felt when you first lost weight and started seeing results. Didn't you feel great, accomplished, strong? Those few pounds are nothing worth quitting for but something to win again.
    Stay with it. This is your only life! Live it!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi Patrizia!

I've been there...I blew it all of December and had trouble getting back on track...I got sick of not feeling good like I do when I eat healthy and light...I was able to get back on track, planned meals and stocked up on my food so I could be successful...I make my boyfriend keep his candies in his truck.

You're already at the point of being unhappy with yourself so the next step is to get back in the grove...you know you can do it...you've already lost a chunk of weight so you know its within reach.

I know its difficult when you have a family to feed...I've found that I just can't eat what my boyfriend and his daughter eat...I either have a salad or brown rice and vegetables.

Good luck, I'm in your corner!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    This is all about good health and healthier life, to live longer . Today I went to my dearest friends funeral, she was 69yrs old. which may seem old to you but not when your 59 like me. She was about 210 pounds when I met her and had diabetes, and heart problems. In one of our latest conversations she told me to not let it happen to me. You and I still have a chance to get our bodies in good health. Take advantage of it while you can. I am going to do my best. :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    When I feel like giving up, I think of where that leaves me.... I'll go back to slowly gaining and in 2 or 3 years when I decide AGAIN that I need to lose it, I'll be 30 lbs heavier than I was when I started THIS time! Don't make yourself do MORE work later on, you can do it, you already know you can, look at the progress you have already seen! :flowerforyou:
  • cmh08
    cmh08 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've found that having fitness buddies really helps me stay on track. I have a few girlfriends that are tracking what they eat. I also have some ladies I met through a running group, we haven't ran since the fall, but we have kept in touch through e-mails and message boards. With that said my next goal is to run in a race ~ and to finish, I'm not trying to set any records. It is personal motivation, knowing I need to eat right and train in order to complete that goal.
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Hey we're here for you. Don't get discouraged, we've all been there. The ups and the downs of weight loss. We can't give up, we're a team. Keep going girl!:drinker: (WATER, WATER, and more WATER.......glub, glub. glub!)::drinker::flowerforyou:
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Look how far you have come to being a healthier person, you and your family deserve a healthy, happy person. You already know that you CAN do this. We all have bad setbacks and may feel like throwing in the towel. But no matter how hard we hit the ground when we fall off the wagon, we always know that we can get back up and get back on track.
    Whenever you feel a binge coming on, grab a big glass of water or tea and hit the computer. Spend some time with us. We're all in this together, some of us struggle a little more than others, but we're all here for you, and you're here for us. We all need our buddies to help us wade through the disappoinment when when we feel like we're stuck in the mud. And we all need our buddies to brag to when we accomplish our goals.:smile:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I have been going over my calories this week...by HUNDREDS. 700 one day, 900 another, 500 yesterday... I just feel like such a failure...

I REALLY want to do this, though! I signed up for a Mommy & Me swim class in June. It would be nice to look a little better in a swimsuit. Also, I have clothes in my closet that are too small but would look so good on me.

Sigh, I keep telling myself that I should just start over tomorrow, but part of me thinks I have really screwed this up. Ahhh, negative emotions! :cry: I don't want this to be another attempt at weight loss that I don't follow through on.
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you but I have found that there are so many factors that influence my weight over a daily basis that I really have to calm myself down when those two or three pounds creep back on. - water retention, hormones, medication, sodium..............etc!
    Just go back to the great habits you've already established and you will be back on track in no time.

Soon we'll be calling you with the same freak out! :wink:
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks you thank you thank you! I have been reading all your posts and tears came to my eyes!!! I have been having a good day today! The first in over a week and whenever I feel like straying I'm gonna come back to these posts and read them.

I thank you all for coming to me in time of need!
    Patricia