Greetings and Salutations...

Options
There is a joke that say that whenever a woman looks in the mirror, she sees someone who is obese... and when a man looks in the mirror, he sees Brad Pitt. It's a bit extreme... but there is some truth to it. Unfortunately for me... the brad pit image left a couple months ago, and more than anything... it got a bit depressing. Not in the metaphorical sense... like really sad.

So... here I am.

I'm a hardworking man with a family. For the most part really do enjoy my life.

At 37, I have enough perspective to realize that any serious change is going to not come over night, and so there is no need to get discouraged when I don't see immediate results.

I need cheer leaders... encouraging me forward. In return... I'll listen. It's one thing I do well. I enjoy knowing people, and am learning to allow myself to be known by others.

Replies

• Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's a great website and can help you accomplish your goals as long as you log in and work the program. Good luck!
  • YankeesLvr52
    YankeesLvr52 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Rah, Rah, Sis Boom Bah!!!!! Good luck and welcome!!!!! FR sent :)
  • hallmanm
    hallmanm Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome aboard! You'll like it here. Great resource, great support. :)
  • jeffsinkw
    jeffsinkw Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new to this too but am very excited about what I'm seeing so far, and to read the success stories makes me want to stick with it that much more! Good luck on your journey, and keep us informed of your progress.
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    welcome! you'll be amazed by the amount of support you"ll receive from total strangers!
  • barbcouperus
    barbcouperus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I joined mfp in january, but only recently have I been frequenting the message boards...lots of help and support here!