My real wedding ring...

Options
I'll never forget the day I had to cut off my wedding ring. My finger was purple. It wasn't because I had an injury, it was because I was too fat. My wonderful husband said "the ring isn't for us, it's not our marriage, it's for other people". I didn't feel that way. My heart was broken.

The ring is still cut, but I am getting it repaired. We replaced it with a simple band, which is pretty beat up now, and not nearly the quality of my "real" ring.

I can't wait to put it back on. This is one of my "big" goals. I will get there, and it's a big motivating factor for me. These are the pictures I use for motivation.

My "real" ring taken on my wedding day 05-30-2009

at5DY.jpg

The replacement ring (it looks the same all the way around, but I like the message)

pdU62.jpg

I don't know if anyone else has ever had to cut their ring off because of this, but for me it was an all-time low in my life.

Here's to getting that ring back on! :drinker: <~~Of course this lil' guy is drinking water ;)

Replies

• JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain-although I did not have to cut mine off-I still am not able to wear my original engaement ring- I've had my wedding band sized up about 2 sizes. The engagement ring was a special order and has a very unusual shape so I really don't want to mess with getting it re-sized. Waiting for the day when I can wear it again. :heart:
  • tooboogaloodoo
    Options
    Oh no, how awful. I really do feel for you. But what better motivation than getting your beautiful ring back?!

I really do wish you the best of luck! keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    i was at my highest weight ever when i was preg with my daughter... i know its not the same thing but i do understand how hard it is to not be able to wear your ring...soon youll have to worry about them falling off!!!! :)
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I've been there - I was able to pull my ring off, (but just barely.) It took me several pounds to get it back on.

I just recently had to replace it for another reason - It's actually gotten too big and titanium can't be resized like most rings. :cry:
  • noelkm67
    noelkm67 Posts: 118
    Options
    What a supportive husband you have. Mine is, too.

I have no doubt you'll get that ring back on!
  • stacy_7171
    stacy_7171 Posts: 21
    Options
    My wedding ring doesn't fit, either. :sad: Most of the time I don't wear a ring, or if I do, I wear a ring my mother gave me, who wears a larger ring size.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have to wear mine on my middle finger because it is too big now.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I didn't get it cut off, but I did have to have it resized because of my weight gain. And now it doesn't fit again. HA! I actually wear my set on my right hand now. Until I get it resized. Again.
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I've been there - I was able to pull my ring off, (but just barely.) It took me several pounds to get it back on.

I just recently had to replace it for another reason - It's actually gotten too big and titanium can't be resized like most rings. :cry:

I wish I would have taken mine off sooner.

There are these little medal things you can put in a ring to make it smaller, I don't know the actual term for it I've always called them "sizers". Or you could wear it around your neck on a chain so you still have it with you at least.
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have to wear mine on my middle finger because it is too big now.

This is a problem I'd love to have! :laugh:
  • tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    I feel your pain.

For about 2 yrs I was unable to wear mine - I managed to just about pull it off.

About 4 months ago I was able to put it back on again, the best feeling in the world. Now it's even a bit loose - but I'd rather this.

Keep going you can do it. xx
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I couldn't wear mine for a long time because I'd gotten it resized smaller a while back (weight loss and then regain). Now I can wear it again, and it's starting to spin on my finger. It's so great to wear it again, and you'll wear yours too!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options

I wish I would have taken mine off sooner.

There are these little medal things you can put in a ring to make it smaller, I don't know the actual term for it I've always called them "sizers". Or you could wear it around your neck on a chain so you still have it with you at least.

Ohhhh, good call - thanks!
  • Sarahsarahsarahk
    Sarahsarahsarahk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it! :)

Your husband sounds so nice and supportive! I agree with him, the ring does not define your love but no worries, it will fit again :)
  • NanaKK1234
    NanaKK1234 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I didn't have to cut mine off........I took it off and replaced it with my (larger size) anniversary band because my fingers were to fat to wear my wedding band. Now 37 pounds lighter and I can put the wedding band on, but can't wear it............still a little to tight. I haven't been able to wear my wedding band in almost 5 years. So yes I am with you on

WE CAN DO THIS
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    ring tattoo ....... DONE
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Honey, I've been there and know how it feels. I couldn't wear my ring for about 6 years, so I wore my hubby's wedding ring (he cannot wear his while he is working..safety issues). It was such a great feeling when I could put mine on again! You CAN do this, and will feel so proud when you slip that ring on again!! Good luck to you and your weight loss goals!! :flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me if you want some support!!
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I havent been able to wear mine for four years now! Like you, I cant wait for the day I can wear it again.
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    this is the exact same thing that happened to my dad; actually.
    years ago - he had to have his ring cut off as well.
    we were JUST talking about it this weekend --- because he can wear it again but never got it cut portion fixed.
    says it reminds him of where he was and that he will never go back there again!
    best of luck to you :heart: you'll get there!
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I didn't have to cut mine off, but when I started losing weight my rings became so big the were always flying off when I was doing things with my hands. I hated not wearing them, so my husband FINALLY took them to get resized.