My real wedding ring...

Options

Replies

• NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I didn't have to cut mine off, but it took about a half hour under ice cold water to get it off and that was 9 years ago. I was at work and looked down at my hand to see I'd cut myself right around the ring and had blood all over. It was awful. DH was PISSED that I couldn't get it back on and didn't wear it anymore!

I didn't wear it for over 5 years until I had it re-sized in 2008. I didn't do it right away as the jewelers were all telling me if I sized it up it wouldn't be able to be sized back down. They were full of *kitten*, they just wanted to sell me a new ring for a lot of $$$! I found a good jeweler who sized it up and told me to come back to him when I was ready. I can gladly say I'm ALMOST ready. I can no longer wear it now without a ring guard (cheap plastic c ring from Icing) on it. I want to get down a few more pounds before I fix it. Good luck in your quest!
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have to wear mine on my middle finger because it is too big now.

I was the same for like a day until my wife told me she thought it looked bad. Now it's in the safe until I can afford to have it resized...
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm working towards wearing mine again as well =). I love my set, I wish I could wear it haha.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I feel for you, had to remove mine 16 years ago, then it was stolen from my home:cry: . My wonderful husband replaced it with a different set but it will never be the same. Keep it safe and you'll be able to wear it again.
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When I got married my ring was a 7.5 I had to have it sized up several different times the largest being a 9.5

Sadly the diamond fell out about a year ago and I was without a ring for about 3 months before we started looking at new diamonds

I had lost 30 pounds when we went shopping for new stones and I was able to get a 7.5 again

Now my new ring is WAY too big and I am just waiting to lost these last 30 pounds before I have it resized one last time!

Keep working it will happen!!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I got custom ordered Titanium rings, with personalized saying inside (9.5 mine - 9 his).

After 1 year, mine wouldn't fit anymore :(

Then when we moved, he lost his (never did find it).

Now he has a Steel band and bought me a white gold ring w/ diamonds (size 11 - made me cry). But.... now mine is very loose, some days I take it off because I've had it fly off my hand. I found my old ring and it almost fits again..... but we are still missing his :(
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Realizing that my wedding rings were getting very close to the non-removable state was one of the biggest motivators for me to start losing weight.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I had to get my engagement ring cut off years ago. Got a new one a couple of years later (and was able to get the same size at that point, too, as I'd dropped some weight) and since then I've had to have it sized down 5 sizes. Needs another one or two now.
    So if I can do it, you can. I wish you all the best.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    Mine was stuck on my hand for almost two years. I couldn't even get my engagement ring on. Now, the band is at least one size too big and spins freely. I can finlly wear my engagement ring again and it holds the band in place better. Hang in there, you will achieve your goal :happy:
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    this is the exact same thing that happened to my dad; actually.
    years ago - he had to have his ring cut off as well.
    we were JUST talking about it this weekend --- because he can wear it again but never got it cut portion fixed.
    says it reminds him of where he was and that he will never go back there again!
    best of luck to you :heart: you'll get there!

Your Dad is awesome!
  • micheleluden
    Options
    I am in the same boat!! Except, my "stand in" ring is also too tight now! I started about 1 month ago...12 pounds lost and a whole lot more to go :)
    You are doing great! Keep up the good work!
  • superpapa16
    Options
    ring tattoo ....... DONE

This is what I'm leaning towards. Is your's a design or just a band?
  • FrauHausMaus
    FrauHausMaus Posts: 194
    Options
    I managed to get my wedding band off just in the nick of time before I had to have it cut. I can't wait for the day when I can wear it again. I did manage to get my engagement ring back on, but my band still doesn't fit. It will one day, though :)
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have found I have lost alot of weight in my fingers- my wedding band is actually spinning now~ you will be wearing that ring with pride very shortly- keep up the great work!
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Beautiful story - After losing my first 10 lbs all my rings are now too big on me.

I'm actually happy about this although it will be costly down the line.

As long as you find your motivation and remind yourself of it all the time then you will reach your goal.

KEEP IT UP!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I had my engagement rings sized up many years ago, and now they are getting too loose again. I've never taken my wedding band off in (almost) 25 years of marriage, but it is very slim and didn't bother me much when it was really tight. Now the wedding band is also very loose, and I am not sure I want to remove it to have it sized.

My hubby didn't wear his wedding band for years and years. First, because of safety issues at work and then because it was too tight for him. He has also lost weight and now wears his band again! Seeing him put that back on made my heart sing! :love: I'm so proud of him!

Best of luck to you in your journey to a healthier you. :)
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have noticed mine get too tight when i've had too much sodium, or when i was heavier. They would not come off unless my hands were cold or i used a lot of lotion to pry them off. I have noticed now that i drink a TON of water and have lost some weight, they are much looser.
    I have a diamond engagement ring with a matching band, but also a separate band that matches my husbands. I don't wear mine often because i always have on the diamond. When he lost a ton of weight several years ago, he started wearing MY band! It is a size 8. He's back in his size 10 now.

I used to work at a high end jewelry store (when i was engaged, which is how we were able to get more rings, less $$) and we used to put "sizing beads" inside the band of the ring. Some rings that are eternity bands, ie, with diamonds all the way around, can't really be sized up or down. But if you have a ring that is a bit big (sometimes more than others), sizing beads are soldered inside the band and allow for the finger to go up and down a bit in size. THey are more permanent, but can always be removed by a jeweler.
    Worth checking in to!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    ring tattoo ....... DONE

we got shamrocks being our anniversary is the day before st pats
    423927_3204006511592_1609011480_2565853_1322170296_n.jpg
  • superpapa16
    Options
    ring tattoo ....... DONE

Love it! My wife has a shamrock tat on her back.
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    ring tattoo ....... DONE

Awww! That's awesome!