Hello from Hampton Roads, VA!

Options
Hi, I'm sort of new to MFP. I've been tracking sporadically for a few weeks but I'm wanting to take advantage of it's full potential. I'm a 24 (25 in Nov) yr old stay-at-home mom to two children (3 and 2) with special needs and an Air Force wife. We just moved here from Japan and have been living in a hotel since the end of April (which is TERRIBLE for healthy eating!). We will be here for a few more weeks and when we get into our house I am excited to have my kitchen back. :)

I just wanted to make a quick introductory post before I check out the rest of the forums. Hope to get to know some of you better!

Replies

• usmcmotort
    usmcmotort Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey Air Force Mom!

So i'm guessing you're in the Langley Area of town. I know how it feels living out of a hotel, kind of doing it right now and i bet its tough with two kids even.

We lived on Base in Millington TN and housing got flooded, my wife was pretty much ready to give birth and we stayed in a hotel for one month! and she gave birth like the 2nd week there. Crazy experience i know.

Well MFP is a great tool if you are honest enough with yourself. A little secret if you care, I buy the already made rotisserie* chicken from the comissary and i take all the meat out and portion it out and that'll last me a week. I buy some tortillas and guacamole and hummus and viola I can make myself a chicken burrito/fajita.