Coming from Weight Watchers!

Options
2»

Replies

• thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I also previously did WW. I was on it for a year and lost 80 pounds. I then started to stall out recently and I have been on MFP...so far so good. My weight loss has picked back up and I'm thrilled about it. Good luck on your journey!
  • usmcmotort
    usmcmotort Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome, this is way better than weight wathchers! Just be honest with yourself and track all the meals you eat and watch the lbs melt (exercise too would be great).
  • Stacylynn1977
    Stacylynn1977 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I came here from weight watchers also, I lost 43 lbs with weight watchers since january, I just couldnt afford it anymore, but ive lost 10 lbs since starting myfitness pal, even though it says 27 because i used it along with weight watchers some as well, good luck!!
  • Alluring72
    Alluring72 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I *just* joined and need to cancel my ww online account. WW worked initially, but it didn't continue to work.... So here I am looking at old fashioned calories in vs calories out - one sure fire way to lose the weight. Plus I will have a better grip on if my nutritional needs are being met. So you are not alone.

Oh and at 0.8 lbs/wk - remember the tortise and the hare - slow and steady wins the race! :-)
  • mrsgreene1
    Options
    Welcome! I was on Weight Watchers until a month ago. It was too much doing this and weight watchers, plus this one is free. The thing is you cant say fruits are free points when the are calories to them. Anywho.... I wish you luck!
  • teacherspet50
    Options
    I WAS A FORMER ww'ER TOO. And I will admit that I did lose weight, but I never did get to my goal, and It's not exactly diabetic friendly or poverty friendly. So I had to leave. That was over 5 years ago, and in that time I have lost 76 lbs...doing what I am doing -- a low carb plan, and swimming. I know that for as long as you stick to it, you will make it. I am new here, and excited that I don't have to do the math, jjust put it in. We are smart and capable, just need to have someoen to lean on, someone to lean on us and the power to do both.....and that we can do.
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I'm pretty new to MFP. It's a nice atmosphere and you can always find someone that is in the same place where you are working on the same thing you are, which in my book helps a lot. I think you will like it here, and it's easy. Just log your food and exercise and giddy up. You can do it and hit your goal.
  • bubblesh2
    bubblesh2 Posts: 2
    Options
    Good because I am switching and wanted to know that I am not going to gain weight back from using this! Great news! Thank you.
  • tracyhall63
    tracyhall63 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I also am a former WW user. I needed to be excited about something and stumbled onto this site about 3 weeks ago. As I suspected, because it was new to me I was able to get the momentem that I previously had on WW. I lost 30 pounds in one year, very slow and then for 6 months, nothing. Since joining this site almost 3 weeks ago I am down 5. Welcome and good luck, add me as a freind!:flowerforyou:
  • newbb11
    newbb11 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am new to MFP as well and did not like WW at all. I too had trouble trying to convert the points to regular calories in everyday life. this is so much easier and i am REALLY loving it so far!! Congratulations on your loss so far! that is awesome!
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    I am also from weight watchers! I lost some but could not figure out how to convert the points into calories. It taught me about portion control but did not tell me how to handle things away from points. I like MFP alot better!
    Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • SusanCotter21
    SusanCotter21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I really, really love weight watchers and believe they have a fabulous program. Unfortunately, they are just too expensive, especially when there are sites like this wonderful one that are free and have mobile apps as well. As much as I love weight watchers, I just can't see paying their fees.
  • sryan921
    sryan921 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 in a year on ww, but have about 15 more I'd like to lose for free! I've apparently been signed on to this site/app for a couple years, but I only started using it for real yesterday. So please, feel free to add me (anybody!), I could use the support and motivation and am pretty supportive too, if I don't say so myself...!
  • kidznpupz
    kidznpupz Posts: 5
    Options
    This is my first post here! I have been doing ww for 1.5 years and have lost 80lbs. Sadly, I have about 10 more to lose and my weight loss has stalled. I have been eating below my 26 pts because I am older (58) and a short, post menopausal woman. I started here because as you know WW counts fruit as 0 points and we all know fruit does not have 0 calories lol.
    I feel alot more in control being able to really account for my calories. I still eat fruit but much more moderately and I eat a bigger breakfast which keeps me more satisfied. Maybe I have lost a lb but I certainly haven gained on the 1200 calories I am given. I really like caloreis better than points I think. It is straight forward - none of thos glitchy things like one slice of cheese is one point but two slices are three points - what's up with that?
    Anyway, I'm rambling - but good luck to all. I'm liking it here :)
  • koalasue
    koalasue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yep! I am a former weight watcher I lost 58pounds and then when I stopped I gained it all back plus some. I really like the support on here and hey its free to lose weight which is how is should be. You can befriend me if you like on here.
  • debiw931
    debiw931 Posts: 34
    Options
    I am a long time WW llifetime member. Obviously I gained it all back plus about 50 extra pounds. I went back to WW in Oct. 2011 and lost 35 pound by March 2012 which I was thrilled with but then I started to question points vs calories and the nutrients in food that I wasn't learning about plus WW doesn't have a good maintenance program in my opinion so I am here trying to learn about calories, carbs, etc. I need all the help I can get because it is like a foreign language. Please feel free to add me as a friend.