Frustrated

Options
This is day 5 and I have lost zero pounds. I have been under calories everyday and still nothing. Am I expecting too much too soon or what else should I do. I'm frustrated and not sure what to do to get the pounds off. Thanks for any help.

Replies

• schneidersas
    Options
    Could you give more details??
    Like, do you do exercises as well, do you really count everything ..
    Weight-in time ....

cheers, Sascha
  • susandurstthomas
    Options
    I walk my dogs but that's about the only exercise. I am counting everything I eat. I'm now trying to eat more fiber because I saw that number was way below recommended amounts so maybe that will help. Thanks for responding.
  • klg2022
    klg2022 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have been the same way; I can manage the eating but didn't exercise. It is definitely the key for me. Also, make sure you drink plenty of water. Good luck!
  • christinesharp
    christinesharp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was equally frustrated when I started out--even a month in. But I kept with it and continued my exercise routine and dropped 13 pounds (my goal) in 2-1/2 months. In the last month of my program, the weight dropped off fast. All of a sudden none of my clothes fit! I'm not sure it will be the same for you but, myfitnesspal has changed my lifestyle completely and I'm so happy and healthy. I hope it works for you!
  • agerena007
    agerena007 Posts: 51
    Options
    First, dont weigh yourself too often. We go up and down on a daily basis. Drink plenty of water, lots and lots of it. When you walk your dogs, walk a bit faster then normal. Make sure you log everything that you consume, juices, water, foods, snacks, etc. It wont be a fast loss if you dont workout, but in time you will go down. Dont give up or get discouraged... You can do it. Best of luck.
  • katieolawrence
    katieolawrence Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking plenty of water?? That seems to really help. And obviously staying away from sodas and what not.
    Don't give up. You'll get there!!!!!
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Need to have patience. The weight didn't pop up over night. It's not going to come off over night.
  • SMarteyMartey
    Options
    Please do not start expecting results in JUST 5 days!

Give yourself a MONTH. Even two consistent weeks. Changes are happening but when it comes to WEIGHT changes can come in a variety of different ways.

For example, water retention could be the reason why it looks like you haven't lost weight.

Give it two good weeks... and if not that give it a good month.

I understand your frustration! I lived through it too...but it is very important (as I found) for one to be realistic about when the results that they seek will actually start showing.

Also, you mentioned you are under your calories...that's good but hopefully you are eating CLEAN though. If not being under calories will not matter.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    This is day 5 and I have lost zero pounds. I have been under calories everyday and still nothing. Am I expecting too much too soon or what else should I do. I'm frustrated and not sure what to do to get the pounds off. Thanks for any help.
    It's way too soon to get this frustrated.
    Usually the scam weight loss products shed pounds quickly for this very reason.
    And then the poor consumer gains all the weight back. Give it time.
    It's hard work. This is not a race.
    Stick to the MFP recommendations for exercise and food intake, then see where you are in a month or so.
    Think long-term. Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Bobby is so right!! Weight loss is long term, and unfortunately their isn't an easy way. Keep at it and don't give up now, you will only get more discouraged.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Suggestions--

1-stop weighing yourself, wait until you're about a month or so into it
    2-5 days is nothing, seriously (I know it's hard to hear, but it's true)
    3-try to up your exercise
    4-drink water
    5-open your diary, people will be able to give much better suggestions
  • Karenab1505
    Options
    What type of diet are you trying? Have you ever looked into a Low Carb, High Fat diet? If not it's definitely worth some research. I can't do high powered cardiovascular exercise, but since I changed my diet to this I have lost 3lbs in 5 days. Low Carb, High Fat is more about putting naturals foods into your body rather than processed ones. I was never a high carb fan, ie Bread, & Potatoes. I've always used full fat milk, and have now switched to Fresh Single Cream for my coffee, my butter is full fat, and I like a bit of fat on my meat, so changing to this way of living for me isn't a problem.

I also never bought into the low calorie sugary drinks, as I couldn't stand the after taste, never felt they quenched my thirst, and they also played havoc with my stomach. Most the substitute sugars in low cal drinks are processed and manufactured, our bodies were never designed to eat this kind of food. But all low calorie, low fat foods are filled with these products.

Please take a look at a site called diet doctor.com, and some Paleo sites, Paleo is where people try and imitate the diets we had 10's of thousand of years ago, before food processing came along. My diary is also public, look at the difference between last week and this week, in the food I ate, my calories consumption and lbs lost.
  • ymachick
    ymachick Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi. I agree with the posters on being patient and not weighing yourself too often. I weigh myself twice a week (Tues/Fri) because I can fluctuate +/- 3 pounds depending on whether I worked out the day before and water intake. A 4-pound increase after working my butt off would devastate me, so I do it b-weekly and look at weekly progress instead of freaking out on a number on a scale (which I've been known to do. LOL)

Also, you likely didn't gain your weight quickly so be kind to yourself and your body and give it time to "release" the pounds. Don't worry, if you stick with your plan, it will happen. Good luck!
  • 50anita
    50anita Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration. I weigh daily & try not to allow no losses or small losses to discourage me. I know folks say not to weigh daily. I do it so I can keep focused, reflect on what I did well and what i shouldn't have eaten. Most often it's a "Thanks, Lord! I wasn't deserving, but I'll try better today!"
    I started jazzercise over two weeks ago I at first, no weight was coming off. Muscle building was what I heard from my doctor at a check up. Inches? perhaps my clothes were fitting better.
    Everything the others said are true. It didn't all go on you in five days, it is going to take longer to get it off.
    Do try to use all the calories they recommend. Don't try to go under. If you have to add on foods to meet the calorie count, but you don't really want to, add more fruit & vegetable. Like you said, you were under in fiber, so that is a good place to start. Perhaps add a small glass of wine at the day's end if your under you calorie count. Relax and look for ways to increase movement.

I know all this stuff, yet I am still 50 pounds overweight. It is SO much easier to say all this than to do it. But I haven't given up yet.
    Anita