Can you give me some insight...where am i going wrong!?

Options
DizzyLinds
DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
Hey,

Can you guys just take a look over my diary and give me some insight as to how i'm getting on. Bit of background info...i'm 4ft 11, 56kg (123lbs) and i weight train heavy 3 times a week with steady cardio after (20mins) and do HIIT with my personal trainer once a week. I'm a PE teacher so up and down throughout the day, some days more than others. I really want to get leaner and reduce my body fat but the scale doesn't seem to shift down, only up and my measurements aren't moving...not up and not down.

I spent a few years over training with lots of 5k running, spin, aerobics and Bodypump (2hour sessions) and generally under eating...nets used to be around 900cals.

I feel i'm not progressing. That said, i have become a lot stronger. I'm worried i'm eating too many fats/carbs? Although most fats i eat are good (eggs/avocado/nuts/salmon)

Thanks!

Replies

• Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    you move a lot throughout the day I would bring your calories up for a few weeks and see what happens.

I'm eating around 1700-2000 and i have a sedentary job.
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If you're only netting 900... you're probably under-eating SIGNIFICANTLY.

That's my guess.
  • kk281
    kk281 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    what exactly are you trying to improve on? you are already very attractive and have a great body! maybe its your self image that needs improvement, i struggle with that as well, no matter how much i loose i still keep that fat mentality
  • kk281
    kk281 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    indeed. her body is probably in starvation mode.
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    If you're only netting 900... you're probably under-eating SIGNIFICANTLY.

That's my guess.

I used to net 900...not anymore!!! Have increased my calories significantly since last Oct/Nov. I also now get a more accurate burn with my HRM and i also measure my food.
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    bump
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    Bump again!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    So what are you netting now?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    I'm aiming to net 1200. I'm just so unsure really how much i'd burn before i had my HRM and how much i was eating as i wasn't weighing anything.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I think it just takes time !!!!! I bust my butt 5 days a week and am very slowly seeing results :-/
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Why 1200? Seems very low for someone as active as you. If you're looking to maintain or lose minimal then have you got your weight loss set at the lowest level and following the net calorie target? As a PE teacher you should be aware of the importance of fuelling your body so you need to keep up the calories. From top of my head trying to remember what I've read about percentages a good idea is 40% protein, 30% fat, and 30% carbs - but please someone correct me on this if I'm wrong or off the mark.
    I found this very useful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/512956-tdee-what-is-it-and-why-you-should-not-eat-below-your-bmr
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    I heard 1200 minimum is best to net. My TDEE is around 2070 and my BMR is around 1350 so i'm aiming to increase my cals gradually to around 1600. I'm gradually upping it as i was eating so low for such a long period of time.
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    bump
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    You look like my P.E. teachers daughter, who also taugh PE, lol.
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    Really where's that?! lol. Not sure if that' a good thing!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Lol, no, she was very young when she did some work with us when I was at school, though I think youre still too young to be her,lol.. It was up in the north east.
  • run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Take a look into Carb Cycling. Looks like you might just need a Shock to the system and different diet.

Basic's
    High
    Med
    Low
    Med
    High
    Med
    and so on

For you.. I'd try HIgh = 120g, Med 75g and Low 30g...Never do two High or Low days back to back. If you have to cheat one day to make it easier. Try to adjust your next day to keep the cycle going. Your Protein and Fats look fine.
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    Thanks for this info. 30g seems so low! What would you include on 30g days?