Gym disaster

Options
2»

Replies

• DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Epic fail on the trainer's part. Their job is to push you but also to monitor your progress and make sure you don't toss your cookies. Sorry to hear but at least you know your limits. Now it's time to push them...

Agree with this. I'd ask the trainer what he thought was going on. Pretty clueless. You could have hurt yourself when you passed out.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Oh, dear ... this too shall pass but you'll always have a great story.

Honestly, it happens to the best of us. Get back up, rinse your mouth out, and try it again.

Tomorrow is a new day. Good luck!
  • MzMandi1025
    MzMandi1025 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Awww, I'm sorry this happened! I've made myself sick during training sessions at least 3 times. Never vomitted, both trainers that I've had did a good job listening to me when I said I wasn't feeling good. I have come close though. I notice that I get sick if I've gone too long without eating, then try & do an intense workout. I've started eating something small like a piece of fruit, or a granola bar, then have a small snack afterwards.
    Don't let it discourage you, you'll soon be able to look back & see how far you've come.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    We all have to start somewhere. Keep it up!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    You need a new trainer. Part of their job is to prevent you from over exerting yourself.
    But if it makes you feel any better I farted during squats and then laughed so hard I actually peed a little. My trainer actually said lets keep going..this is a sign of a great session.
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My gym is hardcore and if you work til you puke they actually give you a t-shirt that says "I earned this shirt puking it out at ___name gym here____" .....
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that but it also happened to me as well. Remember it takes time. You'll get there, don't give up!
  • GISFWCoachChris
    Options
    Find a new trainer. They are not training you at your level, you are training at their's.

In 12 years of personal training I have only had one client vomit and that was due to a panic attack more than activity.
  • GISFWCoachChris
    Options
    You need a new trainer. Part of their job is to prevent you from over exerting yourself.
    But if it makes you feel any better I farted during squats and then laughed so hard I actually peed a little. My trainer actually said lets keep going..this is a sign of a great session.

Awesome.
  • STLaferty
    STLaferty Posts: 38
    Options
    Aw, Tory, bless your heart! You are not alone, though! I have seem a number of people show up at the track I work out at, with personal trainers, and about 20 mins in, stagger off to the side and...there goes what ever they ate last! Hey, I agree with GISFWCoachChr: Let your trainer know that was beyond your SAFE limit, and if Trainer can't respect that, replace him. Vomiting cannot be a good sign.
  • STLaferty
    STLaferty Posts: 38
    Options
    Oh. My. God...that made me laugh so hard! You are a great sport to share that! The farting is the reason I have never returned to a pilates class at the Y- I am sure they are still talking about me! LOL
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Find a new trainer. They are not training you at your level, you are training at their's.

totally this. That shouldnt have happened in a first session - perhaps when they know your limits and are pushing you a little bit harder than is comfortable then it's OK, but never the first time.
  • DerDude
    DerDude Posts: 170
    Options

totally this. That shouldnt have happened in a first session - perhaps when they know your limits and are pushing you a little bit harder than is comfortable then it's OK, but never the first time.

sign this....both....That should never, ever happen on PT that level!!!
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    almost puked on my trainer doing sit ups.

I've seen other people puke during workouts. at least you gave it a go and learnt your lesson, always be careful!
  • Barkley87
    Barkley87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, when I first started with a personal trainer she told me most people either faint or are sick during their first session. (I wasn't though :tongue: )