Humor in the interworld

Options
sktllmdrhmz
sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
When you tell a joke in person, you hear them laugh and you know you got off a good one. Often on here, I feel like my best moments go unnoticed. I feel like I'm the only one laughing, yet I get a lot of FRs that are like

"HA HA HA YOU'RE SO FUNNY HA HA HA PLEASE LET ME WATCH YOU BE FUNNY HA HA HA"

Okay, they're not quite like that, but I digress. Point is, people see my foolery and laugh. Some reply, some don't.

So, when you're rambling around the forums and you see something funny in a post, do you reply?

Replies

• BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Body language is very often lost in forum postings.

I too thought something was funny, or thought I was being funny only to experience the opposite.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Yes. Usually with LOL. One time I posted something I thought was hilarious and the thread got locked and I got a strike.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    Options

I too thought something was funny, or thought I was being funny only to experience the opposite.

I liked your shoe thread, lol.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    When you tell a joke in person, you hear them laugh and you know you got off a good one. Often on here, I feel like my best moments go unnoticed. I feel like I'm the only one laughing, yet I get a lot of FRs that are like

Okay, they're not quite like that, but I digress. Point is, people see my foolery and laugh. Some reply, some don't.

So, when you're rambling around the forums and you see something funny in a post, do you reply?

I most certainly do!

tumblr_m4sxquRmZ21rpxv02.gif
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Well...no...I think you are SO STINKING FUNNY and do comment on most of my friend's threads...but rarely on the threads...to many trolling men.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options

I usually call my mom and tell her about it,

Then she goes and facebooks about it,

After that, my cousin from Florida will tweet the story.

Then one of her followers joins MFP, and sends me an EMPTY Friend Request...

So from now on....I am going to just reply on MFP...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    what is funny here?
    yRVPd.png
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Usually "lol" is the best someone can muster online, when In reality they are literally laughing out loud. When someone says something funny, I laugh, wipe the tears from my eyes, change out of my wet boxers, clean up my bloody nose, pick up the computer, and then rub the back of my head, wondering if something was that funny or if I just had a massive spasm of my entire body.

Then I'll comment "lol"

I dont know, seems like I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for your name on the boards now, to really judge what I do.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

now that's funny...LOL

if i can think of something to reply that i think is funny i do, but sometimes yeah..."i got nothing". most of the time if it is really funny, i will at least comment and let you know i think so
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I tend to get that in friend requests yet see nothing posted....but if I find something funny, I'll let them know \m/
  • p_e_wright
    p_e_wright Posts: 47 Member
    Options

ROTFL
  • helencita13
    helencita13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When I see something funny in the forums I usually send that person a friend request..I want friends with a sense of humor! :)

I don't always post on these things because I don't find myself rummaging through the boards..I click on something a friend (friend post somewhere above ^^) has posted on and if it interests me enough sometimes comment and sometimes don't. I sometimes feel it's kind of pointless since we don't get notifications to go back and check if someone cared what we said lol

18580408.png
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

I quote people just to say HAHAHAHAHAHAHA all the damn time. Im quite irritating and add nothing to the conversation.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    Options
    I quote people just to say HAHAHAHAHAHAHA all the damn time. Im quite irritating and add nothing to the conversation.

For reals. That's how to roll.
  • CarriLu123
    CarriLu123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

I was thinking after reading one of your post I bet he would be super fun in person. But no I don't ususally respond.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I chase you through the forums, laughing all day.
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I try to comment. We've been soooo busy at work lately, and I find that i read things i bust out laughing and then i realize i have to get some work done.

Work is such a buzzkill!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

For reals. That's how to roll.

HAHA :P
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    When I see something funny in the forums I usually send that person a friend request..I want friends with a sense of humor! :)

^^^This...I've sent out A LOT of FR......
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options

I liked your shoe thread, lol.

Shoe shows are da bomb! :glasses: