Bloating

Options
clarkeje1
clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
Hey yall. I have a problem. I have been feeling EXTREMELY bloated over the past 3 days. I'm not sure what to do to make the bloating go down. My stomach won't stop sticking out (kinda like I'm pregnant or something). I'm not pregnant, its not my TOM, and I have been working out every day and staying within my calorie limit for the past few days. I did go over my calories over the weekend and my guess is I am retaining water because of my high sodium intake over the weekend??? Has anyone else dealt with this issue and do you know what could be causing it or how to make it go down? I feel SO FAT!!!

Replies

• hellokehtty
    Options
    This happens to me with too much sodium and/or too many carbs...drink lots of water to flush it out!!!
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Honestly if your salt intake is high, I would cut down on it. Drink plenty of fluids, Fluids like gatorade n powerade contain salt, I stay away from them because of that. I have the same problem as you, I can retain water so I really try to watch my salt intake. Just gotta read the labels. Try Mrs. Dash seasoning, They make no salt ketchup, which is great. Just anything low sodium. I drink coffee, water n I mio my water which mio has no salt and taste good. Try it for like 2 days with low sodium, if thats not working you might have to see your doctor, he could prescribe you a duretic. Which is a water pill. Or maybe something internal is going on.
  • Gail1471
    Gail1471 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you haven't been going to the toilet you could be constipated which would give you this feeling.

If you have been going to the toilet, maybe you have an intollerance to something. Baked beans bloat me, as does red meat.

If you are due your period you could have PMS which causes bloating for up to 2 weeks with some women.

Hope you get some relief.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    food allergies?

im allergic to gluten and bloat like crazy when i eat it..
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    UGH..I'm feeling the same way but my TOM is here...so I'm blaming it on that. But def drink, drink, drink......WATER....that'll help. Its such an awful, annoying feeling! Good luck!
  • swishyfim1018
    Options
    DEFINITELY HAPPENS TO ME. WATCHING SODIUM INTAKE AND DRINK MORE FLUIDS IT HELPS.
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    this was me last week, 5 lbs of water weight, it was enough to freak me out. Come to find out we had a bug! All of us felt really crappy and it was really hot out.

It happens drink as much water as you can. Just hang in there.
  • BreezyDays
    BreezyDays Posts: 292
    Options
    Ive tried drinking pomegranate juice and it has helped some in controlling the bloating. It may not work for some but Ive always had issues and noticed a signifigant difference.
    There is also a ginger lemon tea you can make with some cut up lemon and ginger root. 1 medium lemon and 1 1-2' ginger root, cover with boiling wter and let infuse 10 to 15 minutes. Drink 15 to 30 minutes before meals to help with bloating, digestion, reduce inflammation and help melt fat.