Diet alone???

Options
2»

Replies

• rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the individual. I know people that can just watch what they eat and lose/maintain weight. I unfortunately have to watch my diet plus exercise at least 5 days a week.
  • julie_75
    julie_75 Posts: 11
    Options
    When I originally did Weight Watchers after having my first daughter I did not exercise. Like you I just maybe walked occasionally, but did not full out exercise. I lost 30 pounds doing that. I personally find when I exercise I feel better, but right now I am back to losing weight through diet alone. I hurt my foot in January and it is refusing to heal. I do some upper body exercises on occasion, but I can't do the elliptical or walk and have lost weight just fine.
  • TChester_05
    TChester_05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love this post thanks Heyman! :drinker:

I've been wondering the same thing...

Now for those of you that it is or has worked did you just watch calories or was it more complicated. How important are, I think its called macro levels (protein, carbs, sodium, etc).

Eventually I'm going to find time to really work out but right now I'm way to busy and I want to have a little more reassurance that what I'm doing is working before I force myself to workout. Thanks!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Now for those of you that it is or has worked did you just watch calories or was it more complicated. How important are, I think its called macro levels (protein, carbs, sodium, etc).

Didn't even count calories at first, just changed the relative macro proportions. Drastically reduced high-carb grains, added lots of vegetables, fruit, and protein. Changing over to bulkier and more satisfying foods had the side effect of making me consume less calories without counting.

I use MFP mostly to maintain now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!