facial skin regimen?

Options
penelepurr
penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
Not sure where to post this topic. I'm trying to decide on a facial skin care regimen- any particular brand or treatment you like? Why? Have you noticed differences since you started using it? How often do you use the cream/etc.?

Replies

• sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Liz Earle ... amazing my skins never been better ... just wished these products were around when I was a teenager!

Clease and Polish
    Skin Tonic
    Moisturise

Fab clear dewy skin! I could go on and on but I'm supposed to be working :wink:
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I was using Proactiv... and various skin creams like Neutragena wrinkle repair and Clinique laser therapy.... but I quit using all of it because ever since I've started eating clean(er) lol... my skin has been amazing!
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I just realized I have nothing I should say.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Protein does wonders for facial skin!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I just realized I have nothing I should say.

LOL!
  • morgansmom02
    Options

AND....it just got dirty.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options

I knew that was coming!

And it's free!
  • morgansmom02
    Options
    I use Philosophy hope in a jar as well as Norwex for my eye cream. As for the wash, I have a new awesome kind that leaves me glowing, but I can't remember what it is...
  • PittShkr
    Options

AND....it just got dirty.

Its not dirty Milk is commonly used as a facial!
  • judyellis1
    Options
    Clarins brand cleanser and moisturizers. Plus I drink lots of water which is good for your skin. And stay out of the sun!!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I have used Mary Kay for over 10 years now. People are always shocked when they find out I'm not in my mid 20's, but a decade older. I started using MK because it cleared up my acne, but it isn't all for oily/acne-prone skin. I kept using it because it feels great and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options

I actually have a cleanser that has the consistency you're referring to here. It skeeves me out on a daily basis.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I use vitamin E oil - swear by it!! I wash my face, put it on and then take a shower - people are constantly commenting on my skin.
  • PittShkr
    Options

I actually have a cleanser that has the consistency you're referring to here. It skeeves me out on a daily basis.

Why is everyone referring to man milk and semen??

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Good-Skin-with-Milk

YOU ARE ALL PERVERTS!
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    It skeets me out on a daily basis.

Well said.
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Aveda. It's been the only thing I've found that has completely cleared up my skin. It's a bit pricey but their products tend to last awhile. If you're interested I'd recommend going to one of their salons if you have them near you and getting recommendations based on your skin type. I thought mine was oily - turns out it's dry.
    But anyways, I use their Botanical Kinetics line - the creme cleanser twice a day, the exfoliant in the evenings & the Tourmaline Charged hydrating creme twice a day.
    I really starting noticing a difference though when I added the following: tourmaline charged radiant skin refiner, cleansing mask and intensive hydrating mask, one night a week in place of my normal routine.
    Lol I probably sound like a salesperson but I dunno, their stuff just made a BIG difference for me.

Oh yea and I use their tinted moisturizer instead of any kind of foundation.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    *zipper sound*
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    This thread has me laughing almost as much as the MFP Mythology yesterday!! :smokin:
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Whatever you choose, just make sure you use sunscreen daily! Above everything else, I think that's what makes the biggest difference.

Just go to your high school reunion and you'll be able to spot who has been using it and who has not.
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I use an Organic All-in-One Cleanser and Facial Serum made by Bare Organics mostly. I also have Aveeno face cleanser and moisturizer on hand. I love the Aveeno moisturizer for the day time.

Both have done wonders for my skin! Trial and error has kept me with these two products. Anything else and skin breakouts happen.

I also love an good apricot scrub, just for an added buffer!