New to MFP

Options
Tesh25
Tesh25 Posts: 56 Member
Hello everyone. I am new to this program and I must say, I love it. I was using another internet website and then I found this on my phone as an APP and have been using it for the past 3 weeks.

A bit about me, I am 39 years old, married to a wonderful man and have 2 beautiful children. I have been struggling with my weight for over 10 years now and since I have tried all sorts of pills to loose weight, which I have but then gain it all back again. I thought maybe if I log what I eat on a daily basis this would help me with my weight loss goals. I really don't want to say weight loss goals, but I would like to think of it as a lifestyle change.

I have to loose over 100lbs to be at my goal weight and I would really love to have some motivation! If you are a motivating person feel free to send me a friend request.

Good luck to all :)

Replies

• stoopey
    stoopey Posts: 15
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am 26 years old, from Massachusetts, and I love my bunny, Stoopey. I have been struggling with my weight up and down for about the past ten years, and I really want to overcome this dilemma. Good attitude, I like how you're not focused on a number but rather a lifestyle change. I have 50 pounds to lose. I would love to have a new friend. I can motivate you, I know I'm good at that. If you fall down, you get back up again. You can do it. I'm not sure how to send a friend request, but I'm going to figure it out. :)
  • Tesh25
    Options
    Hello, I can send the request if you like :)
  • LadiDeeJay10
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Deidra and I am new to this program (about 1 month) and I must say, I love it. I was on another site and I didn't like the app, so glad that i am on this one.

I am 46 years old, married to a wonderful man and have 2 children and a grandchild. I have been struggling with my weight for years. I have tried everything to lose weight (cabbage diet, pills, lemonade diet) but nothing worked for me. I would lose and then gain it back, plus some and with a 5'3" frame, it does not look good on me. I figured if I used the food log everyday, it would help with my lifestyle change.

I have to lose 100lbs to be at my goal weight. I need a lot of motivation and exercise tips! Feel free to send me a friend request.

Good luck to everyone with your lifestyle change. :wink:

Deidra
  • hsandall
    hsandall Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like!
  • Tesh25
    Options
    Hello Deidra, I am only 5'1" so i understand how you feel! I will send a friend request. It will be great to have additional motivation!
    Tesha
  • Tesh25
    Options
    Hello, thank you...I have sent the friend request :)
  • Yeszna
    Yeszna Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi and Welcome, I too am fairy new to the site , but your right it is beyond fabulous, the people alone really band together to support and help, lend an ear , or be your personal trainer ......I also have 100lbs to lose, which I gained mostly threw a give up attitude and depression because of physical restrictions on top of ADHD.. so my mind said GO GO GO GO GO GO and my body said.. umm NO ...Pretty sure we can help each other :)
  • Yeszna
    Yeszna Posts: 5
    Options
    Diedra I am also 5'3 but I have a large wide shoulders and hips so I have always been curvy .. but unfortunately that made every single ounce I gained show up.... Can I add you as a friend for support and help ? I learned a few years ago to NOT diet , that caused more weight gain than anything no matter how much I lost... But keeping a food diary really keeps your eyes open to what your eating , when and how... and changes to what you already eat.. be it portion size, calories, carbs whatever can REALLY help/ Hope you accept my request :)

Yeszna:heart:
  • LadiDeeJay10
    Options
    It's great to have you as a MFP friend. You are doing a great job.