Food/Kitchen Overhaul

Options
Amberh82
Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
Does anyone ever go through and clean out your fridge, freezer and/or pantry of foods that you are trying NOT to eat (ie, frozen dinners, junk food, etc)? Do you ever feel bad just wasting it like that?

I think I'm fixing to do this, I just feel like I'm being such a waste....guess I could think of it as in the trash or on my body (I had a more explicit word in mind, but this works)

Replies

• mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. Luckily, we didn't have too much to throw out since I have always tended toward healthy-ish foods.

If you can donate it to a food bank, do. If you can take it to work/church, do. If you can put it out at a gathering, do. Otherwise, your choices are to eat it or throw it out. I threw it out.
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I gave all mine too my brother!!! It worked out wonderful for the both of us!!!
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I would donate but it is mainly frozen dinners and just a couple of pantry items (I'd donate the dried goods)....and I'm just wanting to lean more towards less processed foods...
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Depending on the quality of the frozen dinners, I'd just keep them around for a quick portioned meal when you just don't feel like cooking. Once in a while they aren't bad for you. Just don't buy more.
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what to do about this- I still have a few things in the pantry that i purchased before starting mfp ( like sugary chai concentrate) I 'd feel bad wasting it but don't want to eat it either
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Toss it! If it's not good for you to eat, then don't give it to someone else.

Just accept that it wasn't a good purchase, you don't need it, and then throw it in the bin and walk away. That might help you next time you are at the supermarket and are tempted - remember that it will end up in the bin and is just a waste of money and resources.