Panera Bread Help

Options
I'm having lunch with a friend today at Panera Bread. Does anyone know what I can order there that is safe? And as low in carbs that I can find??? Thanks everyone!

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    go to the panera website and view the nutritional information there....broth soups and salad (dressing on the side) are always good choices
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Chicken ceasar salad...dressing on the side...no croutons

or any salad with the dressing on the side. I use WAYYY less dressing when its not already mixed into the salad.

I like the mediterainian veggie sandwich without the feta cheese. It's not low carb but lower in calories. Probably one of the lowest on the menu for a full meal.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Panera Bread! So many delicious Salads! I love the Asian Chicken Salad - very unique flavor and great on calories for such a large salad. I always swap an apple in for the baguette.
  • romst19
    romst19 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    A lot of Panera's items are surprisingly high-calorie and high carb, but last time I went there, I found they had a wonderful online nutrition calculator that you can use to find an item that's right for you. I just went to look for it for you, and it appears it's not up while they are updating it with new items. Here is a link to the info they do have posted:

http://www.panerabread.com/pdf/nutr-guide.pdf

In my opinion, the healthiest option is probably the Classic Cafe Salad with Grilled Chicken and Baslsamic Dressing. They have some nice low-calorie soups as well, but I'm not sure on the carb content.

Good luck!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Definitely go to their website and make use of the nutritional calculator! I had lunch there just yesterday and came in at around 320 calories! I did their pick two menu and had a cup of french onion soup with NO croutons and half bbq chopped chicken salad! Still low in calories, you can have them leave off croutons and all bad carbs and still have a nutritious, filling lunch! Enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • SaraAnne
    Options
    I like the chicken cobb salad- I tell them to take off the cheese. It's AMAZING.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Their calculator is down for updating today, at least it was earlier this morning, I went last night and wanted to calculate what I ate but couldn't, but you can download their pdf nutrition facts.
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I went and looked up the nutrition info and I think I am having the Asian Chicken Salad. I love the meditteranean veggie sandwich but it came in pretty high. I love food! :sad:
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I always get the "you pick two" option with a soup and sandwich. They always have a low-fat soup option (sometimes more than one) and they are delicious! My favorites are the garden veggie and the black bean. On sandwiches, you can upgrade to the 9-grain bread and request it with no mayo. Generally I will get the half turkey sandwich and load up on the veggies. You can also select an apple for your side item or a bag of baked chips.

I LOVE Panera (or St. Louis Bread Co. as we call it in my area)!:love: There are so many healthy options, I feel like I don't have to eat the same thing every time I go.
  • mrsbice
    Options
    i am not sure of the calorie count there, as i have not been since starting my diet, but i always get the tomato and mozzerella sandwich. so good! fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzerella and lots of fresh basil made up in a penini (sp?) :love: i love it