fitness DVD's recommendations ??

Options
I will be treating myself real soon to some fitness DVD's

I plan to buy three of them with next wages, the question is whats best for me?

I am currently 18-25 lbs away from my ideal weight I'm 165lbs and want to be 147-140lbs

My problem areas (and I know you cant spot reduce but I can work on them while I lose my extra lbs) are my arms and tummy

I am looking to be toned and curvy
I carry my weight evenly

any recommendations for the best out there would be great :)

Replies

• cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    I am a huge Jillian Michaels fan! I would recommend Ripped in 30. From what I've heard her say about that one, it's designed for people trying to get rid of the last of the weight. Also, I absolutely LOVE Extreme Shed & Shred. It's hard, but it's an awesome workout. You could also try her 6 Week 6 Pack. I have that one and it's a great core workout.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I am a huge Jillian Michaels fan! I would recommend Ripped in 30. From what I've heard her say about that one, it's designed for people trying to get rid of the last of the weight. Also, I absolutely LOVE Extreme Shed & Shred. It's hard, but it's an awesome workout. You could also try her 6 Week 6 Pack. I have that one and it's a great core workout.

Thanks Ive heard a few ppl through the boards mention Jillian Michaels, 30day shred Ive not heard of the others thou thanks Ill have a look :)
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna! I personally like Leslie Sansone. Some of her walking dvds are pretty basic and easy but I REALLY like her boot camp walking dvd. It's cardio/strength training. I also like her Burn Body Fat dvd a lot. I work out for 45 mintues in the morning and then for 15 minutes in the evening. I also keep a close eye on calories and chase my kids around all day and that has lead me to a 18.6 weight loss so far! :happy:

Also I'd like to not that I joined last year but I only got serious about it a few months ago so it's technically been about 2 1/2 months of true dedication.
  • Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love beachbody programs-insanity, p90x, asylum, brazil butt lift...etc. Im a beachbody coach, so if you have any questions about those products i can find more information for you :) I also have a ladies only support group on FB if you'd like to join :) We would love to have you!!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I started this whole weight-loss thing with Jillian's 30Day Shred, but then used cardio to lose most of the weight after that jump-start month. If I couldn't get to the gym, I used Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (not her best video, but lots of cardio). I recently started Ripped in 30, and I'm loving it! Also, your local library will often carry some workout DVDs if you just want to try a couple out. Good luck!
  • donna_glasgow
    Options
    thanks for the ideas so far, I think Ill be heading to the library tomorrow to see if they have any of them for me to try :D

I didnt even realise the library done that kind of thing :)
  • donna_glasgow
    Options
    just to add I have already lost 36lbs altogether, 28lbs of which I lost pre MFP
  • Tesh25
    Tesh25 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Zumba DVD's and have been doing them for a week now. I love it! it's fun and you use every muscle in the body!
    Wishing you the best :)
  • arwass2
    arwass2 Posts: 5
    Options
    All I have to say is Cathe Friedrich! I have been working out with her for years and she is awesome, her workouts are geared towards the advanced but it is something to build up to. She is awesome
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    ChaLEAN Extreme was amazing for making my body look different. I didn't lose any pounds (but to be fair, I didn't finish the program) but I did lose a lot of inches in the places that I really wanted to lose. Building muscle is the key to making me feel strong, beautiful, and less pudgy.

The set of DVDs can be expensive though. My local library had it, and once I tried it, I ended up buying it. It was amazing.
  • ashleyfritzchampine
    Options
    Anything by Jillian Michaels or Jackie Turner will kick your butt and get you in shape in no time at all...plus they're a reasonable rate also!!