Must lose 30 lbs and change diet..

Options
kast03
kast03 Posts: 7 Member
Hi found MFP yesterday and I'm hoping it can help me stay on track...if not my doctor wants to put me on meds and I don't want that. I have a family history of heart desease so I really need to succeed. My two biggest hurdles are cravings & a lack of energy to exercise.

Replies

• Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I need to lose 30 pounds. My Mother has heart disease and I don't want to follow in the same direction. This is a great place to start! Good luck to you!!!
  • Autry403
    Autry403 Posts: 88
    Options
    Sounds just like me! I've reached my plateau & for the past 3 weeks it's been cycling. I crave food more and more so I eat it. Then, I have no energy to exercise & some days I feel on top of the world! I'm trying to lose 30 more lbs before November. (:
  • Mersada
    Mersada Posts: 9
    Options
    Make some room for your cravings...add them into your diet so you don't fail. If you forbid foods you likely to go off your plan so just make room for them. Good luck.

216793.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kaserz
    kaserz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Consider finding a friend to exercise with or join a group class at your local gym, or even a dance class if you like that kind of thing.
  • kast03
    Options
    Thank you.

I gained a pound today :cry: but I'm sure I'll get back on track tomorrow.
    I am in the same boat! I need to lose 30 pounds. My Mother has heart disease and I don't want to follow in the same direction. This is a great place to start! Good luck to you!!!
  • kast03
    Options
    Exactly!

I love food and I'm always hungry. I'm tired often too so I often skip exercising which just starts a vicious cycle. Best of luck to you.

Sounds just like me! I've reached my plateau & for the past 3 weeks it's been cycling. I crave food more and more so I eat it. Then, I have no energy to exercise & some days I feel on top of the world! I'm trying to lose 30 more lbs before November. (:
  • kast03
    Options
    I'm trying to but with only 1200 calories to work with, there's not much wiggle room.
    Make some room for your cravings...add them into your diet so you don't fail. If you forbid foods you likely to go off your plan so just make room for them. Good luck.

216793.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kast03
    Options
    Great advice...if I had a friend that wanted to exercise it would be perfecf. I can't afford a gym ordance class unfortunately.

Consider finding a friend to exercise with or join a group class at your local gym, or even a dance class if you like that kind of thing.
  • Changingworld
    Options
    Hi found MFP yesterday and I'm hoping it can help me stay on track...if not my doctor wants to put me on meds and I don't want that. I have a family history of heart desease so I really need to succeed. My two biggest hurdles are cravings & a lack of energy to exercise.

I'm the same. Diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease runs in my family. I need/want to lose about 20-25 pounds. I'm hoping this will work. I'm also a compulsive eater. I LOVE food :P
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I've gone through the "oh no's" several times. Just tell yourself NO and mean it. Not that I'm above doing my own thing, and that got me lovely results...When I started, I cried the first morning because the serving of cereal didn't fill up my cereal bowl.

Find things you like that are low calorie that fit your diet plan. For me, when I get where I can eat the living room floor, I stock up on broccoli, carrots, cauliflower...crunchy things or easy to microwave things. I put pepper (black or cayenne) instead of salt. 100 calories of that is a lot of food, I kid you not.

Give yourself a bit of time to get into the swing of things. DO NOT deprive yourself! It just makes things worse. Wiggle room in a 1,200 calorie day is a lot if you exercise. EAT those calories. Pay for what you want (within reason) before you have it. No exercise, no skinny cow. No exercise, no angel food. No exercise, no extra calories. And that is how I've done it for 305 days. It works!

Good Luck and Congratulations on finding MFP. I really don't know what I would have done if a friend had not told me about it. It's fabulous!